Primer Seaters

M

Martin Busteed

I have an RCBS primer seater and want to upgrade to a better seater. I have looked at the Sinclair and K&M tool but cant make up my mind as to which to buy. Any suggestions are appreciated.

one vote

K&M gets my vote. I keep one set up for large and one for small. Excellent feel of the primer and a fine tool that sets the primer squarely in the pocket.

which RCBS primer seater do you have, the hand held or table mount

I got the table mount for Julia. She needed something that took less effort, easier on her forearm, than the hand held models. It works well.

Adrian

Adrian, have you ever.........

tried the Forster?? I did, it was absoLUTELY unbelieveable!! I had to look at the handle, then still couldn't believe it. Extremely easy, hardly any resistance at all, even though the brass was new.;)

I've never even seen the Forster. Do you have a link to a picture of one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rcbs

I use the RCBS handheld ABS universal shell holder strip primer seating tool.

It works for me because I can load all my primers in there strips and keep them in my loading box just grab a strip and go.

Seater Tools

I like the K&M and the Sinclair --but I like the Bald Eagle scissor type the best

hand squeeze versus thumb squeeze

High End

Bud Welsh makes a beautiful tool. Seating depth is adjustable.

Adrian, go to the.........

Bonanza/Forster website, you'll see a few pics there. We've mounted them on 2X4s so they could be clamped to the bench, but found that if we mounted them in such a way that they "leaned back" just a bit, it helped keep the primers to the rear, & everything worked best. Initially, it looks like a Rube Goldberg design, but it IS smoooth.;)

Here's one that hasn't been mentioned.

scroll down.

https://www.hornady.com/shop/?ps_se...&category_id=7ef236cd300bbc3af6642821e50f721c

You don't see this one much.... I got my first one through Cabela's and it was branded by them. I really like this tool. I've worn out multiples of the RCBS and LEE, there're also folks on this board who've had bad experiences with the Lee. (I think the problem's been rectified??)

The K&M and the Sinclair are nice tools but IMO life's just too short to load singly.

I find no reason to change from the Hornady tool. I keep two ready..... one with the large ram and one with the small. They're not hard to change, just again, life's too short.

al

Bald Eagle

Sinclair has a nice feel to it but I seem to have a hard time to index it just right.
Bald Eagle gets my vote.

i"ll 2nd that

K&M gets my vote. I keep one set up for large and one for small. Excellent feel of the primer and a fine tool that sets the primer squarely in the pocket.

I"ll 2nd the K&M ive tried different ones and went back to the K&M

Ditto

on the KM. I have a Sinclair and its nice but the KM is quicker and just as good at a fraction of the price of the sinclair unit.

Bald Eagle

I haven't see the Bald Eagle tool. Can someone post a picture?

Adrian

Back