Possible Record

H

Hal Toland

Gary Ocock shot this 5-shot unlimited 200 yard aggregate at Visalia last weekend.

Young Rail
13.5 twist Krieger barrel O.237, 4 groove (Incidentally this barrel has been shot approximately 800 rounds.)
BAT SV action
Gary's 68 grain boat tail bullets from a George Ulrich die
Gunsmithed by Ocock

Additional info can be found on 6mmBR.com

Attachments

• visalia .1129 at 200.jpg
    visalia .1129 at 200.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 820
WOW!!!!!
That is an .11XX range measured agg. Gary that was some awesome shooting.
We are getting pretty close to the elusive .0xxx Agg, well some of you are anyway:D.

Sick Jackie

Jackie if those guys had to shoot at Tomball or Luther they would be sick.

World Records!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BOY!!!!!!!!!!

OUTSTANDING shooting Gary!!!

Out of this world PERFORMANCE!

Here is a nice little write-up on 6mmbr.com. It's on the Home Page on the Daily Bulletin, scroll down and it's the third write-up...

http://www.6mmbr.com/index.html

Gary’s 5-target, 200-yard aggregate was 0.1129. (That’s the measured average of five, 5-shot targets, divided by two). Once certified, this will be a new NBRSA record. The previous 200-yard record was a 0.1396 shot in 2003 by Bart Sauter. Gary’s 100-yard Agg was also in the “teens”, a 0.1534. So, Ocock’s combined 100 + 200 “Grand Agg” was a stunning 0.1331, which would also be a new record, beating Bill Forrester’s 0.1496 Grand Agg shot in 1989.

Bullets Seated OFF the Lands
For his record-breaking effort on Monday, Gary used a 26″-long, 1.350″-diameter straight-contour 6mm Krieger barrel. Twist is 1:13.5″, and the chambering was a tight-neck 6PPC using Gary’s own 67gr BT match bullets. Gary shot a relatively “mild load” and interestingly his bullets were NOT engaging the barrel rifling. That’s right, he figures his seating depth was about .005-.010″ OFF the lands. The action was a BAT SV with a non-ejector bolt borrowed from another BAT. Scope was a March 50X.

This is how I shoot my Kriegers.... But NOT as good a Gary!!!!!!;)

0.1331 Grand.......................WOW....!

Congrats Gary,
cale

Cal

One oF the quirks of how bullets shoot with a different powder combo can be seen in Gary's set-up. It is noted that he shoots "just off the lands". It is also noted that he shoots 8208.

From my conversations with Lester Bruno, and other shooters who use 8208 and a similiar Boat Tail Bullet, that seems to be the big difference when shooting these style of bullets with N133. (I am assuming that Gary's bullet is similiar in design to The Bruno 00 and Barts new Boat Tail). These bullets like a ridiculous amout of jam with the 133, and no jam what so ever with 8208.

Many of us who shoot 133 with tis style of bullet have tried several different "jams", and the 133 just does not agg that well when shot off the lands. Or, at least, in our case it doesn't.

I have 10,000 Barts coming, will probably get them Monday, he indicated that some shooters have found some success using 133 off the lands. There may be something there that we will have to find out.........jackie

Jackie

Gary's new 7-9 00 bullet die from George Ulrich is not of the same/similar design as Bart's BT's or Bruno's current 00-BT, at lest from a bullet makers point of view. I'm still in the testing mode as to tune, but it seems to be more forgiving for me anyway just kissing the lands +/- a little with the powders I've tried it with. that said, This all could change with my next barrel or reamer.

Jim McGowin

Nice shooting Gary!

Sounds like you have the rail is in top form. See you in October-

-Mike

Back