Portable reloading/cleaning table

What would be the ideal table top size for a portable reloading/cleaning table using 3/4" plywood and folding legs?
Also what fasteners for the leg attachment, for instance flat head countersunk or carriage bolts or hex bolts?
Just want to build one right the first time.
Centerfire

I've made my table with a 2'x4' piece of 3/4 plywood. It fits in a car or truck easily, and has served me well the last 12 years.

Good Luck,
Lee

Reloading Table

I have used a piece 2' X 4/ 3/4 plywood with folding legs since 1982. I would recommend multi-ply board that some people call european birch plywood. Several of the big box stores such as Home Depot or Harbor Freight have folding legs. I attached my folding legs with machine bolts with counter sink heads.
I can not remember the size but check the holes in the folding legs for the correct size. You will need to off-set the legs if you use a 2' X 4' board so the folded legs will sit flat when folded.

Charlie

I have made a few over the years both for myself and others.
I buy good quality folding legs sometimes from ebay. I use u or j shaped metal electrical conduit retainers to hold them in place.
Email me and Ill try to send you some photos of the leg setup.

As far as size that depends on 4 main things.
1. What will fit into your mode of transportation.
2. What size you actually need. Set up on a table somewhere and see how much space you actually have to have.
3. Weight. How much you can or are willing to move around.
4. Whether or not you will be using only an arbor press or other type of ram press.

I found putting a handle on the opposite side of the table on the underside helps make it easier to carry.

In my opinion Ideal size has a lot to do with your vehicle unless you are driving a truck big enough that size is not limited

Where are you located ?

Hey Centerfire, where are you located. I've given up BR and sold ALMOST everything.

I have a very good RL bench.

"Snuffy"

Back