Pimp my Hart arbor press

Woody

Welcome to the next installation in the famous “Pimp my whatever” series started by Richard with the Farley rest a few weeks back. I enjoyed that and decided to try another. Next up is a Hart arbor press owned by yours truly. Is it winter or what?

Attachments

• PimpMyPress.pdf
    166.2 KB · Views: 1,657
1 more improvement

Scott,
You could also add a piece of Teflon Stock Tape to the area below the ram. This makes sliding your die under it a pure delight.

You did a superior job on your rebuild. Yep, it's winter.

...Dave

OK Mr Smallwood

Questions

1. Is it cold and lots of snow in Colorado?:rolleyes:

2. Are you bored? Me too:cool:

3. Would you take 3 bucks and a Primis CD for your press?:D

Later
Dave
PS Nice write up on how 2 do it.

teflon tape

Scott,
You could also add a piece of Teflon Stock Tape to the area below the ram. This makes sliding your die under it a pure delight.

...Dave

Dave, I thought about tape and I may go to that. I wasn't sure if it would take slaming a die on it without tearing but I guess it is pretty tough stuff. Thanks... Scott

q & a

Questions

1. Is it cold and lots of snow in Colorado?:rolleyes:

2. Are you bored? Me too:cool:

3. Would you take 3 bucks and a Primis CD for your press?:D

Later
Dave
PS Nice write up on how 2 do it.

Dave,

1) It's so cold that the lawyer's here have their hands in their own pockets.

2) I'm not warm enough to be bored (see 1) but I am thinking of spring. I did read that survival thread and wrapped a garden hose around me after hooking it up to the hot water heater. Worked OK until the household teenager took a 20 minute shower, then I about froze to death. (see 1 again)

3) I would take 3 bucks and a Primus CD but only if you sang your favorite Beaver song at the Super Shoot. I may have to show up for that treat.

-- Scott

Nice Work Scott....

I've been runnin some ideas along those lines into doin to my arbor press..., good to see some on paper :). Now..., I'm not too familiar with the hart press..., are they or rather..., can they be switched from right to left or vice versa :).

Good work man

John

Lefty

I've been runnin some ideas along those lines into doin to my arbor press..., good to see some on paper :). Now..., I'm not too familiar with the hart press..., are they or rather..., can they be switched from right to left or vice versa :).

John

John, It looks like the Hart press can be made to work lefty. You would turn the top piece upside down to place the handle on the other side. Then take the spring out and wind it the opposite direction. And finally either flip the "racK" or swap the pieces on the both ends. Best to check with Hart of course but it's worth the call if your interested.

-- Scott

Hey there Scott,

get some teflon sheet to put on your base. I keep some .050 thickness around for odd jobs. It would probably work great in that application.
Looks great!

Richard

How 'bout my Farley

Since I had to take it apart anyway..............
Bryan

Attachments

• pimpmyfarley3.jpg
    pimpmyfarley3.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
Farley

Adrian, I lightly sanded with wet 220 and gave it several light coats of sandable primer. The color is actually a reflective ground coat used under faux anodizing. A few light coats of clear and it's done. The Zia Sun emblems are vinyl stickers.
Bryan

Back