Pictures of my latest custom

Butch Lambert

It is built on a Peruvian mauser turned down to small ring. It has a Ed LaPour 3 pos safety, Blackburn trigger, Duane Wiebe hinged bottom metal, Damascus scope bases, receiver has G33/40 lightening cuts, a custom bolt handle, and the barrel is a Shilen that I chambered in 250-3000. Jim Kobe,Forum Member, carved the stock and rust blued the metal. The wood, as most of my wood, came from Roger Vardy in Australia. It will get its first hunt the first of Sept for Axis deer.

345l81v.jpg

vpht1h.jpg

14w3v6g.jpg

2rfyr6h.jpg

It won't be a safe queen.

Good job Butch! I too will say,the caliber/cartridge choice is top shelf. My Dad had one and shot it a bunch, varmints and deer.

butch,
how do you expect it to shoot well if you did not pay $800/1000 for a custom action ?
based on gunsmith comments, there is just no way the rifle will shoot...
can't shoot... you did not spend enough on the action
this is benchrest..no way can a milsurplus action shoot.

just funnin' ya butch..nice looking rifle.

mike in co

stunning rifle butch..The stock has great lines, kind of looks Bill Simmen's,-master stock maker(0ne of the best).
what is the price of a rilfe like that now days? $4,500.00

missspelled simmen's.

Last edited:
Beautiful hunting rifle indeed Mr.Lambert!....nice metal work & parts, nice wood stock & checkering also.
Good luck on the hunt,
seb.

That's classy man! Gotta love straight grain thru the wrist area, top shelf piece. Born to shoot 100 Nosler Partitions at 2850 fps, Axis deer on the wall. Good luck.

Tim

That's one beautiful piece of wood. What type of wood is it? And the checkering is a real piece of art. Really like the checkering over the top of the grip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger Vardy in Australia has a huge amount of English Walnut. I believe his trees date to the time of the prison colonies long ago.
Tim, sounds like a good place to start.

Thank you for posting this Butch. This is a beautiful piece of art, I love everything about it.

Wyatt

Butch

A fine looking rifle. The detailing around the neck is not my cup of tea, but I appreciate the quality of the workmanship. I'm sure you'll enjoy owning it and shooting it.

Back