Peidmont Gun Club - New Year Shoot

T

Tommy Williams

Piedmont Gun Club will hold a fun match January 7th 2012 starting at 9:00am

Come shoot and have fun, and warm up your new barrels and get ready for our IBS matches starting in March.

A younger new shooter really showed everyone how to shoot at Piedmont today. A Boone, NC shooter named James Coffey shot a 1.602 agg in LG!!

James Coffee,
Congradulations on some fantastic shooting! Wish I could have been there to see you do it! That 1.602 LG Agg. would have been a IBS World Record Agg. in a sanctioned match! I kind of remember someone else doing that same thing in a non-sanctioned match. Terry Brady come to mind. The number 0.661 inch single group if I remember correctly. Anyway, keep up that great shooting James! Samuel Hall

Piedmont Gun Club put on a great match..The weather was perfect and everyone seemed ready to do some shooting. I want to thank the members of the Club, and Tommy's daughters for their work..Still don't know how he gets them to give up a Satturday and work at a shooting match.

It was good to watch James Coffey shoot that small agg. Mr. Coffey is my mentor. He got me started in the "benchrest" game back in the early seventys. It is a two hour drive to the range, and James and I discuss politics and and other things, but mostly we talk about shooting. I have learned so much from him.

By the way, in case anyone is interested.....He was shooting a .272 neck 6BR with 108 Bergers, Fed 205 primers and 30.5gr. of Varget seated .020 off the lands, also a Krieger gain twist barrel and a Viper action.....Same gun in Heavy gun with the exception of the bullets. He used 105 Berger VLD bullets from an old Lot#559.

Congradulations James, and to Terry Brady and Ben Yarborough Rich De, and the rest of you. James Remmel, it was good to have you all the way from Ky. Hope to see all of you in March.

Larry Isenhour

Thanks everbody for your support and our IBS schedule starts March 10th and every second Saturday of the month through September 8th.

PIEDMONT GUN CLUB - NEW YEAR SHOOT- 600 YARD - 01/07/2012

Light Gun Score Top 5
Richard DeSimone...190
Chad Jenkins..........188
Thomas Parker........187
Ben Yarboro.......... 187
Blake Daniels..........185

Light Gun Group Top 5
James Coffey........1.602
Reggie Wilson.......1.975
Johnny Lorick........1.978
Reggie Wilson........2.426