october challenge

M

martin hammond

DSCN0872.jpg this is from a .22 rimfire sporter, look where the lugs are located. I've had a number of longtime shooters say they have never seen this in a rimfire. guess the action?

That bolt is from a Mauser 201 or a Kleinguenther K22 the action was design and made by Voere in Germany and imported by KDF in Texas until Mauser bought Voere and started importing them.

Sure he's right. EAL can name any bolt or any action anywhere anytime. Martin will probably say he's wrong.

I have both the Mauser and the K22 and the pic looks like the bolts in both of them.
The K22's came pillar bedded and you could get them with double set triggers.
I wish I had gotten the double set triggers.

DSCN0879.jpgit's a model 201 most of the guys at our club thought it was a centerfire. not one other shooter I have talked to had ever seen anything like this. sure would be tough with a single shot adapter to load.

DSCN0800.jpg it has an adjustable trigger and has 2 pillers. it's a well built sporter. says it's made in West Germany and the .22 long rifle is in english also. EAL one of the guys online suggested it may be a luxus model because of the forend? what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
It think it is a Luxus model the standard model had a stained Beech stock and no rosewood forend tip.

Eal, don't know if this is correct but also heard anschutz supplied the barrels? when I took this apart it looks like the barrel is threaded so I'm wondering if they would be anschutz?

Both of mine have pined barrels they should have a insert for the locking lugs. I do not know who made the barrels but they do shoot good.

Mauser

Hey Whistler, You knew the answer to that one ! It looks like the bolt out of the gun you have .

Back