Oak Ridge, TN

Dan H

Is Oak Ridge hosting 600 yard matches in 2010? I don't see any on the schedule.

Dan Honert:confused:

Dan, since you are retired and live close by that would be a good undertaking for you.
So far there are no other takers. We were fortunate this year that Larry Sparks, not an IBS 600 yard shooter, took on running the 2009 matches.

Dan, since you are retired and live close by that would be a good undertaking for you.
So far there are no other takers. We were fortunate this year that Larry Sparks, not an IBS 600 yard shooter, took on running the 2009 matches.
I'm not a good organizer or leader, that's why I drove truck (alone) for 35 years. But, I will check into it and see if that is something I might be able to do. I'm not a computer guy, my wife is always within screeming distance if I F--- something up, I know off & on, I can google, I can find my mail and Benchrest Central. See what I mean?
Send me Larry's phone # if you have it and I'll give him a call and see just what the logistics are, then decide if that would be in my comfort zone.

Dan Honert

Help for Oak Ridge

Jerry:

There is and F-Class shooter named Jeff Saunders who has just moved back to Oak Rdge. He is also interested in 600 and 1000 yard BR. I have his cell phone number. If you will e-mail me at nlambeth@embarqmail.com I will give you his number. He may be another possible helper.
He may see this post and chime in he is on the site from time to time.
Nat Lambeth

This is starting to sound encouraging...I was thinking there wasn't going to be anyone to fill the void of Larry's retirement. I'm pretty sure Larry said ORSA had the regular Saturday of the months we shoot scheduled with IBS.

Rodney

Hi my name is Michael Tjon and have requested to take over the IBS 600 match duties at ORSA, i have only shot four(4) IBS 600 matches so far, two at Piedmond and two at ORSA.
I have had good teachers for this game and have met the best in the business.

Hope ya'll the best in 2010
and good shootin'

see ya at ORSA.

Hi my name is Michael Tjon and have requested to take over the IBS 600 match duties at ORSA, i have only shot four(4) IBS 600 matches so far, two at Piedmont and two at ORSA.

and good shootin'

see ya at ORSA.
Michael, I just sent you a PM with some additional info.

Good to Hear

Hi my name is Michael Tjon and have requested to take over the IBS 600 match duties at ORSA, i have only shot four(4) IBS 600 matches so far, two at Piedmond and two at ORSA.

and good shootin'

see ya at ORSA.

Micheal,
This is really good to hear and I for one appreciate you doing this. I know it is a "thankless" job but somebody's got to do it...right ?

Rodney

to get this IBS600 going at ORSA i would like to get as much help i can get with target and bench setup.
my question is who is willing?
I can understand the competitors from out of town cannot, but asking for the locals.

Thanks again,
Michael Tjon

Strong Back.......

I'm willing to do what I have done since we started IBS at Oak Ridge. Set up and tear down the benches, Set up the pits and call the line when I'm not shooting.:D
And keep an eye on Sharrett.

I'm willing to do what I have done since we started IBS at Oak Ridge. Set up and tear down the benches, Set up the pits and call the line when I'm not shooting.:D
And keep an eye on Sharrett.
Greg, I resemble that remark.

Michael, in all past shoots including the 2008 IBS Nationals that were held there t least 90% of the competitors pitch in to help set up benches and EZ-ups.

As to target duty in the pits, its in the IBS rules that all shooters will take their turn..or they don't shoot!!

VII. Long Range Competition Rules
A)
IBS General Rules and Regulations:

15)
It is the responsibility of the shooter to be either in the pits or at the bench WHEN CALLED. Pit duty will be posted on the bulletin board. Competitors who win a relay are also responsible for pit duty for the shoot-off even if the shooter chooses not to shoot in the shoot-off.
16)
If a competitor does not wish to pull targets, IT IS THE COMPETITOR'S RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE A QUALIFIED SUBSTITUTE. Roll call will be taken prior to each pit detail. ANY ONE NOT FULFILLING HIS OR HER OBLIGATION OF PIT DUTY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FOR SCORE, GROUP AND AGGREGATE FOR THE DAYS SHOOT.
17)
All participants that are on pit duty must REMAIN ON THEIR ASSIGNED TARGET until released by the Benchrest range safety officer.

Besides, pulling targets is FUN and educational!!

Jerry,
i will give Jeff Saunders and Jeff Summers a call on Monday.

Thanks for the info.
will be back online later today, have to go to work till 5.00 pm

shoot plenty and safe

Michael Tjon

Schedule

Michael,
Was wondering when to expect to see Oak Ridge on the IBS Schedule?

Sorry for the delay,
i am not really sure when it will be posted, i went to the monthly meeting yesterday and spoke to the head of rifle and pistol and gave all the info he needed but could not tell me if ORSA IBS 600 was an ok.
i have emailed and waiting for response on my okay.

stay tuned, more info to come

shoot center and plenty.

Michael Tjon

oak ridge

I am glad to hear there will be matches at oak ridge this year. I will try to make as many of them as I can and will be glad to help set up and tear down when i am there.

Mike

Orsa ibs600

First of all, i want to apoligize for the slow reply.
I have been told by superiors at the ORSA club that the schedule will be posted some time this week.

look forward to my first match(4-24-2010)

Attachments

• 100_2475.jpg
    100_2475.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 177
Let me go on record as saying IBS stands ready and willing to put 600yd matches back on the schedule for Oak Ridge as soon as someone gets dates to the long range committee and myself.

Dick Grosbier
IBS Match Schedule Chairman

Back