Oak Ridge IBS 600y May Match Results

L

LarryS

Attached are yesterday's results. It was a very windy day in Oak Ridge. The dent in the left front fender of my car from a canopy picked up and blown away will attest to that.

Larry Sparks
Knoxville, TN

Attachments

• May IBS Match results.pdf
    87.6 KB · Views: 512
Larry,

Do you remember what the wind speeds actually were?

Oak Ridge 600 yard results

If I recall, the forecast was for 10-15 mph winds. The wind was primarily in the shooters face, but as the sun went in and out with the clouds, it did a number of 180 degree switches. The wind in Oak Ridge may not be all that high at times, but its variability can be frustrating.

Larry

I went down to Arnold Air Base near Tullahoma to shoot the 1000y F Class regional last weekend so I missed this shoot. Congrats to all youse guys with #1 beside your names, and a special congrats to Johnny Schaad, local area Oak Ridge shooter. Hmmmm! Johnny.....you gonna throw your shooting plaques into the stacks in your company's lumber yards and start charging extra for 1-by 4's?

BTW....the winds at Tullahoma were equally bad for the two day 5/24-25 AEDC/WCRC 1000y weekend shoot.....but Nothing like the ORSA LR Regional (25-45 mph) 3weeks ago.

Frank Beckmann

Back