Oak Hill GC IR 3-Gun Club Tournament 08-17-24 results

doclu60

Oak Hill GC in Blue Grass, IA will host an IR 3-Gun double point Club Tournament on 08-17-2024
I do have some extra equipment if someone was to try this challenging class of RFBR. Equipment needs to be reserved before the match no later than Friday at: doclu60@gmail.com

Scott

Last edited:
Oak Hill GC 08-17-24 IR 3-Gun Club Tournament had some spooky winds. Only a few figured it out or had ammo that would shoot in it. Brian Voelker trumped the field with a nice 748-44X. For the conditions, that was an excellent score and X-count. Balance of the field in the attachment below.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_2952.jpg
    IMG_2952.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
First Missed
That's what I first thought, but then I thought "missed what?"

Missed the "X"? On his second target, Brian Volker missed # 18, but he only got 15 Xs — so that didn't make sense.

Missed the "10 ring"? On his third target, Merv Langkamp had a 250, but he missed # 2; so that didn't make sense.

Then I thought maybe Brian shot the "bulls" in reverse order, hoping for a tie-breaker advantage (assuming the higher-numbered "bull" that has a missed "X" trumps a lower-numbered "bull" that has a missed "X"), but if that's the case, that doesn't make sense either.

What am I missing?

Last edited:
First miss can mean 2 things. For targets that are scored a 250, FM is the first bull where an X was missed. For targets scored less than 250, FM is the first bull where a 10 was missed. FM is used as a tie breaker when the score and X's end up tied.

FM is used as a tie breaker when the score and X's end up tied.

If you're not required to shoot the bulls in numerical order (starting at # one), that tie-breaker rule seems pretty weird.

Last edited:
Particularly indoors, I would shoot the bulls in reverse order based on the assumption I would be more apt to miss early in the card than late. Not sure if it ever made a difference.

Back