November Match Info - River Bend GA

Jim Andress

River Bend Gun Club
Even though the 2008 season is winding down, there are a few more matches. River Bend Gun Club in Dawsonville, Georgia (north of Atlanta) is hosting an NBRSA registered match on November 8 & 9. We will be shooting LV and HV classes at both 100 and 200 yards. Facilities include 20 covered benches, covered loading area, plenty of space for camping and RVs, with electricity and water available. Showers also available. Weather this time of year is usually great, so come on and join us!

Contact info:

Jim Andress (Match Director) 770-876-2351 jandress@benchrest.com
Bill Dittman (Club Manager) 770-893-3502

NBRSA Blog Page: River Bend Match

Club Website: RBGC.org

Accomodations: Local Hotels/Motels

Mr. Andress, could you post directions to the RBGC,for those of us that have never been to this gun club? I'm from Houston, and will be in the Huntsville, Al. area. Am hoping to make this shoot while here. I did not see River Bend in the benchrest range locations. Thanks, Wayne Johnson

I was there!:D

I arrived Saturday morning to visit with my good friend & gunsmith Mickey Coleman & intended to stay & watch for an hour or so.
Well, Mickey being the type of guy he is, introduced me to Mr. Wilbur Harris & Mr. Brady Knight & before I realized, I was entered in Light Gun, relay 2, using Wilbur's rifle.

What a great experience! After making a real fool of myself (Crossfire:eek:), I managed to shoot well enough to place 16th out of 25 shooters. Wilbur's rifle & tutelage gets all the credit. I am humbled by the Benchrest fraternity and their willingness to welcome total novices like me. I have known Mickey for a number of years, and have passed a fair share of loot his way for hunting rifles he has built for me. Mickey, after this weekend, more loot will be forthcoming for a light varmint rifle.......

Thanks again guys. Enjoyed the day.....

Back