Norman Jones Hospitalized

I just received a call requesting me to post here the condition of Norman. I was told he was hospitalized yesterday for complications from his ongoing battle with cancer. Information is that they are trying to keep him comfortable.

Norman has served as the match director for the Unaka Rod and Gun Club in Johnson City ,TN for several years. He is truly one of the good guys. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Normans wife and family.

I will try to get up with his grandson, Matthew Keller to help keep us updated.

Wayne Campbell
SER Director

He is truly one of the good guys

A true southern gentleman. I know that he has fought this for some time now. The last 2 times I saw him I was heartbroken but I knew how much of a fighter he is and have been expecting a full recovery. Prayers have been sent up

Prayers for Norman and family. He made this Yankee feel right at home the first time I meet him at Unaka.

Dan Honert

the very first

I just received a call requesting me to post here the condition of Norman. I was told he was hospitalized yesterday for complications from his ongoing battle with cancer. Information is that they are trying to keep him comfortable.

Norman has served as the match director for the Unaka Rod and Gun Club in Johnson City ,TN for several years. He is truly one of the good guys. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Normans wife and family.

Wayne Campbell
SER Director

major benchrest match I ever attended was the SE Regional at Unaka August of 1999. If Norman was the match director then, I remember him well. I will always be proud of the Sunday Morning announcement after match 1 that " all you good southern boys have been shamed by a Damned Yankee with a .207 group at 200 yards." Be at piece my friend, rest well.

Norman Jones

Thanks Wayne for the information. All of us that know Norman are very saddened . Norman is a great guy. I've always been proud of the way Norman goes all out for the sport of shooting and the way he has always spent time to keep his grandsons involved in the game. We all (Im sure) will keep Norman in our prayers.

Wayne Campbell
SER Director

Sorry to hear this, Norman is a great guy. I will pray for Norman and his family for healing and strength to fight this battle.

I just got back from the hospital visiting Norman. He said to tell everyone hello and thanks for the prayers.

(I had printed these messages out to take to him but somewhere between the parking lot and his room they
fell from my jacket pocket. I'll try that again later.)

Jerry, (or anyone else that sees Norman - maybe Maynard!!)

Please add our best wishes for a speedy recoverary! Thanks, Jim & Johnnie

Papaw is home. He's got some new meds to keep him... to keep his mind off things. lol. Thank you everyone for your prayers and concerns. They don't make many of 'em like Papaw anymore. I have been lucky to have his love and example for so long.

Matthew S Keller

Papaw is home. He's got some new meds to keep him... to keep his mind off things. lol. Thank you everyone for your prayers and concerns. They don't make many of 'em like Papaw anymore. I have been lucky to have his love and example for so long.

Matthew S Keller

Well I know he is happier by being home. He told me Sunday "I gotta' get out of this place!!. Seems they had tried to give him the same medicine twice in 2 hours that was supposed to be once each day.

PaPaw

Yes Matthew, you are lucky to have Norman. We are all lucky to have met, competed, and just the chance to be around Norman. Tell your Papaw, HFV/Tom McKee is praying and thinking of him, as are all who know or have met him.

Matthew S Keller

Back