Norma 6ppc brass

Richard

I was looking in the Brownells website and they say the 6ppc brass is no longer being offered by the factory. I know I can't find any in bulk anywhere. Anybody have any info on this?
The norma site still shows it listed.

Richard

I was looking in the Brownells website and they say the 6ppc brass is no longer being offered by the factory. I know I can't find any in bulk anywhere. Anybody have any info on this?
The norma site still shows it listed.

Richard

On Brownells if it is back order OK. Order it. It will show up someday....They don't charge till shipped.
They have a hard time keeping Smith M-41 extractor springs in stock. They last about 6 mos. First sign of a failure to extract, I check spring length.
If less than .880" time for a new one. Same with Ruger 22 pistols.....

Just checked Midway. 50 pak. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021705113?pid=634468

Hey look at that. They got 22 PPC Brass.....https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021705050?pid=169960

Last edited:
Found what I was looking for

A 2000 ct box arrived! No, you can't hammer it like the lapua, but I don't shoot those stratospheric loads anyway.

Richard

Rather than look around, I'll just ask. Why did you want Norma cases rather than Lapua?

Wilbur,

I can just load them and shoot without doing much to them. The last lot of brass was really uniform on neck thickness and didn't have to turn necks. I like alot of neck clearance anyway so my .270 nk reamer works just fine.
I have been running the norma for several years now and really don't have any complaints.
I haven't checked this lot yet, hopefully it will be as good.

Richard

I have used quite a bit of the Norma 6ppc. brass. What I found is that the shoulder is set back quite a bit so the first firing I was fireforming to my chamber. The neck length may also need to be trimmed depending on your chamber. The pockets hold up better of I went with a mild load the first couple of firings.

That has been

my experience also. I just oil them with 3 and 1 so I don't stretch the web area and go shoot. After that I give them a trim to 1.500 (my chamber is 1.520). I know some of the guys are running the chambers a little short so the norma brass does not have to be blown out any at all. Overall, it's not a big deal and the stuff shoots good.

I checked this last lot and it looks to be good. .0001 to .0003 on the neck. I can live with that.

Richard

Back