New target

BRS1965

I've been away from IR50/50 for about 6 years and recently got interested again. I attended the Florida
Crawfish shoot last weekend and for the first time saw the new target with sightseers down each side. Wow, this will really be helpful. At 50 meters in the 10 1/2, I had a wind switch and went to a slighter on the edge to see what the switch would do. Ouch! I clipped the black line around a record bull and my first
250 after coming out of retirement quickly became a 240! Lesson learned the hard way! Maybe posting
the target will help someone else avoid the same pain! Bill Schertz

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 411
At least you shot at the sighter. I was shooting RBA some years ago and started with the rightmost bull. Got off one shot and the wind made a hard reverse left to right. To guage the effect and not get blown into the record as you did, I smugly went to the left sighter.....except I didn't go to the left sighter and stopped at the #1 bull. Wasn't as bad but still a seven. That, combined with some other really stupid stuff, resulted in a poor score.

Sad part is that I didn't realize what I had done until I got over there to actually shoot the #1 bull.

Yes, you really have to watch it with those side sighters, but overall I think they are great. If you are going to use them to determine a hold in a wind shift, you need to be careful which sighters you choose. For a right to left wind condition (like it looks like you had) use the sighters on the left side of the target so that the shot will be blown away from the record target. Do the opposite for a left to right condition, use the sighters on the right side.

Back