New member from Sioux Falls saying hello

HHaase

I always find it's a kind gesture to moderators for me to say hello when I sign up for a new forum. I'll probably lurk for a while to get used to the mood of the site, but figured a proper Greeting was still in order.

The name is Hans, from Sioux Falls. I've been a collector and target shooter for quite a long time, though never really competitively, and have dabbled in reloading. I'm looking at potentially getting into the benchrest disciplines for a long time, and recently discovered there's a range near me set up for just such shooting. So I'm starting to do some fresh research and figured this is a good place to get started. I'm mostly looking at the personal development in my shooting abilities as opposed to going deep into competition, for me it's about the time on the firing line and enjoying the time I'm spending at the range.

Time to start going through and reading some threads and getting to know you folks

-Hans

Last edited:
Welcome Hans.
You should check out your local range and see what type of benchrest shoots they are hosting. I think they host some score shoots in your area. This is quite fun to shoot and is also quite challenging.
John VM

Welcome Hans.
You should check out your local range and see what type of benchrest shoots they are hosting. I think they host some score shoots in your area. This is quite fun to shoot and is also quite challenging.
John VM

Yep, and that's part of the reason I signed up here. I know there is a benchrest focused range pretty close to me, but I haven't had much luck yet getting in touch with anybody and I know it's members only. So I'm hoping to get in touch with some of the folks from the range via this forum.

I know there is a benchrest focused range pretty close to me, but I haven't had much luck yet getting in touch with anybody and I know it's members only. So I'm hoping to get in touch with some of the folks from the range via this forum.
Search "Members" for Al Nyhus and send him a PM; he might can help you.

Yep, and that's part of the reason I signed up here. I know there is a benchrest focused range pretty close to me, but I haven't had much luck yet getting in touch with anybody and I know it's members only. So I'm hoping to get in touch with some of the folks from the range via this forum.
On the NBRSA.org. There is a list of people that will help you out "mentors". It's very important part of the process. My mentor had a saying. "Buy the best equipment you can afford. Why pay for it twice." They are all great people. Very helpful and knowledgeable.

Back