New Hermes Vice/Jig Vee Block Question

JohninLV

Greetings and Merry Christmas: I have a New Hermes GM manual drag pantograph. I am looking for pictures of the vice/jig jaws that you guys have made to clamp the barrel to the engraver. I have searched and all the jigs available seem to be for holding small jewelry items. Will need some type of vee block adapter.
Thank You
John in LV

I don't have any pics of mine. Use aluminum and machine a vee block that has one ear in an L shape coming off the base of the vee block. Drill 2 hole inorder that it can fit on the 2 dowell pins of the NH vice jaw. In any case you will still need something to hold the other end of the barrel.
Butch

I dont have any photos, I use a Forster sight fixture clamped in the New Hermes vice, it will let you have a reapeatable center line and rotate the barreled action 360 degrees. I can also switch the Forster fixture to the mill for drilling and tapping and back to the Gravograph without having to realign the vice with the center line of the work.

Here is a couple of pics
1345hermesdiamond.jpg

1345hermes2.jpg

Those pix look to be like mine except I made mine out of 2" Delrin. I turned the ens to fit the 3/4" holes in the vise and milled a "v" in the other end. I made two pairs with different sized "v's"

Back