Never again

r44astro

Getting ready for SS. Not making this springs mistakes this time. Did not shoot at all this last winter or early 2016. Did not have brass ready, did not clean Farley Rest. I am shooting every day. Have over 100 pieces brass fired twice. Checking out barrels. Tuning or tuning for here in Florida. If they won't shoot here why would they anywhere else? I went to Riverbend then Shamrock with no practice and I sucked! Like starting over.
Trout

If you don't have a winning rifle at this moment you better get one. The SS is right around the corner and nobody wins there without a good rifle. It happened to me once upon a time...my rifle wouldn't shoot but suddenly came to life at the SS. Didn't win but came fairly close...6th, maybe 4th place overall. All said and done, I won a fair amount of money with a rifle that wouldn't shoot around these parts. In fact, I mostly couldn't hit these parts.

Other years, I went to the SS convinced I had a winning rifle only to end up 10,000th place. Scott Mims will testify the same.

All I'm sayin' is a rifle that shoots poorly in Florida could end up a winner at the SS. Very small chance....but it could! Shoot that straight across left to right wind and watch it like a hawk. One mistake and you're dead. I never got two bullets to touch in a let up.

I won small group at 200 once when I started shooting when the wind completely died. By the time I got the second round loaded it had picked up a little so I held a ring over and it went pretty close. I added a ring each shot...had a little argument with myself whether to add an entire ring for the last shot but it was a warmup target and I had nothing to lose. Ended up with a low 2 and won a whole bunch of stuff...some money too. Pretty sure I was 10,000th place in that agg as well. What I'm trying to say is that you can't shoot there like you can at Riverbend...it won't work. In fact if it looks like Riverbend - don't shoot!!!!!!

Hey...I found that stuff...picture below....like anybody cares....

Attachments

• ss-smallgroup.jpg
    ss-smallgroup.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 390
Heck Bill, you live in Florida. You don't really have any excuse for not shooting all winter. Try living in Michigan. We had enough snow I could barely see my bench this winter.

See ya in Ohio.

Joe Hynes

And then there was the Super Shoot Ed Hall won with what appeared to be a looser rifle AND with preloads!!

Strangely, he came up to me on Friday, about mid day, and said "Jerry I think I have this thing won" !! At that point he still had 7 record targets to shoot.

I never did figure that one out!

Dang Bill just do like me. Go to table and start shooting. Scotty said I don't know when
to stop. Only time I get to shoot is a match. What is wind ? Mirage? Wind Flags ?
Dickie
Never change anything either

Dang Bill just do like me. Go to table and start shooting. Scotty said I don't know when
to stop. Only time I get to shoot is a match. What is wind ? Mirage? Wind Flags ?
Dickie
Never change anything either

Truth is....that ain't a bad plan!

Im coming to think without an exceptional barrel theres not much of a chance.
I've had one good one. I guess that's part of learning this stuff. Excepting they aren't all gonna be exceptional realizing that and deciding how bad you want it

liljoe

Wilbur Joe Hynes taught me that last year ! I shoot next to him at Shamrock
last year . Only saw him at beginning of each match. As you know I am
not there very long myself. When I finished he was gone each time, never
saw him leave. Joe is a very nice person and fun to be around!

Back