Nelson Burger

B

Brian

This e-mail was sent to all members of Chippewa Rifle Club

December 2, 2015

It is with great sadness that we pass on this news. Nelson Berger passed away on Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 10:23 pm. Nelson was 91 years old. He is survived by his wife, Helen and two daughters. Nelson was one of the founding members of Chippewa Rifle Club in March of 1954. He was also the first club president. Nelson was able to compete in benchrest rifle competition all of the way until last year, 2014. Nelson was known as a gentleman’s gentleman, and was always there to help anyone with anything. He was respected and admired by all. Nelson was an accomplished gun smith and built many fine rifles during his life time. He was also part of the “greatest generation” and served in the Army Air Force during WW II, flying in 35 combat missions in a B17 as a tail gunner. Nelson will be truly missed and remembered by all.

Sincerely,

Bob Denk

Sec/Treas.

Chippewa Rifle Club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nelson Berger

I just saw the very sad news about Nelson and all my thoughs go to Helen his daughters and Walt in this difficult moment. Nelson and Helen were one of those wonderfull couples that I had the previledge to meet and share their friendship. RIP my friend you will be sincerely missed.

I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers to his family and friends.
Nelson was a great man and he will be missed.
Rest in peace.

Yep. Nelson was one of a kind. Great Guy.
I sat next to Nelson for a Super Shoot. He remembered me 2 yrs later. Nelson was really great at offering advice.....

We are diminished. Nelson was one of the icons of Benchrest shooting and he will be missed. May God bless his family and give them peace in their time of grieving. Rest in peace. James Mock

Back