need your help

savet06

Mike Suhie
Hope you all have had a great holiday season and a happy new year. I have a bit of a conundrum here and need your unbiased advice.
My beautiful, long suffering wife gave me a t-shirt for christmas that has the IBS logo on the right side of the front of the shirt and my name on the left. On the back she put "250-25x" in bold white letters on the black background of the shirt. She had been probing me months prior while trying to figure out the logo and perfect score of the matches that I run/shoot.
After my initial speechless response, and thinking how I could have not possibly gotten any luckier when I married her, I realized that the shirt had some serious implications similar to a bowler wearing the number 300 or a golfer with a 59 on his back.

She made a similar t-shirt for my dad, and we both realized that the shirts would surely bring some questions even though those who shoot with us would know we are very far from shooting perfect scores.

My question is, after approaching my wife with the information and very much wanting to wear the shirts during competition, what word or phrase should we add to the shirts that would make them more acceptable. The last thing my dad and I want to do is come across as though we shot those scores, and in any way take away from the accomplishment of those who have.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Suhie

Nice

Jeff and Woody's ideas sound real nice.

Who knows, in the future you just might be able to take them off.:)...........jackie

How about " An understanding wife is like shooting a 250-25x " ??

Thanks guys! I certainly hope that someday I can wear it without the slogan, and I have every intention of making that happen.
I am planning on contacting the company and having more made up for the guys that shoot in our matches (sans perfect score and name unless the guys want it that way).

I like the ideas so far, and I have Mr. Stover to thank for the OK on the IBS logo usage. Thanks, Jeff!

Thanks again,
Mike

Why not just tell this story at your range and wear them as they are. I don't know that I would ASSUME you were trying to convey you had shot a perfect score. After all hurting your wife's feeling for a gift she put alot of effort in is far worse than what we might think. JMO.

mike sounds like your wife is making a statement not related to shooting . Sounds like she has her perfect scores around her at all times .

MY WIFES PERFECT SCORE IS WEARING THIS SHIRT!

Believe me I thought quite a bit about how she might feel about changing the shirt, and I approached her with a most humble demeanor. I have thought about just leaving it the way it is, and honoring her initial intention, but I didn't want to come across to the guys we shoot with as naive.
Maybe I will just leave it the way it is and let the story circulate...It won't take long for anyone who shoots with us to realize that the last thing we are is cocky!
Thanks, Jazzy.
Even though I think she understood our hesitation completely I think she will be happier that we left it alone.
Thanks to you all for your ideas.
Mike

Jazzy's a very wise man. Leave it just as it is Mike. It is a funny story tho. Hopefully after this season it will be a mute point anyway right!!!

Now if it had been my (ex)wife she would have had it printed this way.
"The wife said shoot a 250-25X or don't come home".:eek::D

Back