Nbrsa Southeast Regional Championship 100 yd at Brock's Gap Aug 23-24

Steve Lee

Just wanted to remind everyone about the upcoming shoot at Brock's Gap Training Center August 23-24. This will be the 100 yard stage of the NBRSA Southeast Regional Championship. Range will be open for practice Thursday Aug 21. Hope to see you there.

Unlimited will be 5 shot

I'm attaching a document with info and directions. Next week I'll be headed to IBS Nats at Fairchance so if you have questions please call my cell 205-317-6510.

Attachments

• NBRSA Aug 2014 At Brocks Gap.pdf
    53.9 KB · Views: 298
  • NBRSA Aug 2014 At Brocks Gap.doc
    39 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
1. Unlimited is five, ten-shot groups, correct?

2. What will be the order of the eventst?

3. Will tables be available in the loading area?

Here's the order:
5 shot unlimited 100
Heavy varmint 100
Light varmint 100
Sporter 100

Last edited:
Just edited my first post to include info and directions. We will have 2 10x20 canopies for loading but if you have an ezup please bring it...space may be tight. We do not have tables so bring your own.

Last edited:
bore guide.........

i have one on order and i have not got it yet (got rid of my old one). might not be ready before the match. was wondering if anyone that is going to the match would have one i could use. i have a BAT DS model. thanks

The number of shots doesn't really matter except with records. If you think about it, the winner is the winner regardless of the number of shots. However, unlimited should be ten shots....every time.

10 shot UL

I might be mis-remembering but I thought we voted several years ago that at the least the Southeastern Championship would always be 10 shot matches, did I just dream that? IMO there's not much fun in dragging a rail-gun to a 5 shot match.

10 shot unlimited

Dwight, I think you are absolutely correct. I also do not think a range has the right to change the format of a regional championship match. U/L has always been 10 shots, and as Wilbur said all records have been kept on this basis. I know a lot of yearly matches have gone to 5 shot to please the masses, but even that is not fair to the people who have made the monetary investment in a rail gun. The only U/L matches in the S/E are the regional championships. Very sad! I believe the only way to change this format would be a vote by the entire region membership.

All unlimited matches should be 10 shots. That said, there will be more attending if it's a 5 shot match - plain truth.

Wayne assured me that 5 shot unlimited is acceptable for the regionals so we decided on 5 instead of 10 shot.

Btw...I'm flying out to the Rattlesnake Wednesday and will return Monday so I may not be on the board much before Monday. Anyone with questions can call me on my cell 205-317-6510.

am i the only one here............

:) sure is lonely in Bham right now.

Back