NBRSA Match Dates for The Nationals

Lynn

SLOUGH HOUSE BENCHREST SHOOTERS INC.

SACRAMENTO VALLEY SHOOTING CENTER

MATCH DIRECTOR CRAIG ST CLAIRE

JAN -25 LG/HG 600 YARDS

FEB-28 LG/HG 600 YARDS

APRIL- 23,24,25 LG/HG 600 YARDS 7TH ANNUAL SLOUGH HOUSE NBRSA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

MAY -23 LG/HG 1000 YARDS

JUNE-27 LG/HG 600 YARDS

JULY- 25 LG/HG 600 YARDS

AUG-22 LG/HG 1000 YARDS

SEPT- 26 LG/HG 1000 YARDS

OCT- 22,23,24 LG/HG 1000 YARDS 2ND ANNUAL SLOUGH HOUSE NBRSA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

NOV- 28 LG/HG 600 YARDS

DEC- 26 LG/HG 1000 YARDS

Here are the dates so put in for your vacation time as needed.
Lynn

Hey Lynn-
Can I shoot my 7wsm in the light gun at 600 yards without the muzzle brake?
If so how do I sign up?
Steve

Squirrelduster
Steve as Don has said you can use it if you want or take it off if you don't want to shoot with it.You can also bring your 300 Win mag out and shoot it as well as long as they don't weigh more than 17 pounds empty your all set.You can even shoot them in heavygun and that way you can put more rounds downrange.
You can sign up at the club and everyone is welcome.
Lynn aka Waterboy

Brakes allowed...

Squirrelduster...that is one of the many things that make the NBRSA format better in long distance shooting.....brakes are allowed in ALL clases .....so you can shooot your LG with the brake and then leave it on and shoot as a HG tooo....and not have to endure the recoil associated with 10 shot groups....those who say the noise is bothersome need a reality check...the noise is the same ,,,the gun doesnt know if it is a LG or not!!???hahah....that is what enables me to transport one LG across country on major airlines and shoot it in both classes ...my disability wont allow me to lug a true HG and it weight (most are 30lbs or more) at the range because of my back....

Lynn....Thank YOU for posting the match dates ...esp. the Nationals...I am scheduleing my vacation around the 600 yd event now....hahaha.......Roger

Last edited:
Roger
Hopefully you can get a few days off from your busy schedule and show us westcoast guys how to shoot.
On the whole muzzlebrake issue about the noise I don't see it as a big problem.I do know alot of shooters who don't like them but as for myself I don't mind them at all.
I always use plugs and muffs at the same time and on my 50's the brakes face rearward and seem to make alot more noise.Women and children are generally at most of the 50 bmg matches and it doesn't seem to bother them as much as these 300 pound 7 foot tall men who have been shooting all of there lives.:rolleyes:
None of my NBRSA guns have a muzzlebrake on them but I don't seem to grasp the hysteria over there use.
My father doesn't like them but considers them a necessary evil.:eek:
Waterboy aka Lynn

movin on UP////

Lynn ..I agree the brakes aren't near as bothersome as the people who complain about them....:D...I have never used one till now...this new bbl. is .280 ((I have shot only 6mm BR till now...pretty wimpy!!:rolleyes:))...but am wanting to throw a lil' more lead at 1000yds...and a broken down ole' guy like me needs something to help with the "kik"...I will let you know how my new bbl is doing....the reamer shuld be here in 3wks...time flies....Roger
PS,,say hi to DAD

How do I join?
I am not sure if I will be ready for this month but I will give it a go.

SquirrelDuster
Steve you can join at the club by filling out a single sheet of paper or you can join over the phone by calling Pat Ferrell

Mrs. Pat Ferrell NBRSA Business Manager

2835 Guilford Lane

Oklahoma City, OK 73120-4404

(405) 842-9585

It takes about 3-4 minutes by phone to join and you'll get a rulebook and some other stuff in the mail.
Either way your good to go and you'll do just fine.Show up about 7:30 Am at the range and ignore the sign that says everybody must check in first.You turn right at the tee in the road and drive past about 10 ranges and we are the last range on the property.
Lynn aka Waterboy

Back