Photo 3 Stu Harvey and his trophy

Photo 4 Darryl kightlinger and his trophy

Photo 5 Group picture of the winners

Photo 1 National Champion Don Nielson

Photo 2 Don Nielson and his D-B Supply stock donated by Bill Shehane

Photo 3 Carl Hansen sitting in the shade notice the name on his tent

Photo 4 John Crawfords lightgun and his gadget

Photo 5 John Crawford just finishing up

thats one very fine rifle John has there. Does anyone know what stock that is? What about the optic? Looks great!! Lee

Skeetlee
Johns gun is a 6 Grendel using a polished Borden action a Terry Leonard stock and the barrel has the isonite treatment by Joel Kendrick which makes it black.The scope is a March 10x60.
John is a machinist and makes some very nice stuff himself.He makes a carbide chamfering tool a action cleaning tool and his own case length trimmers that work off of the cases shoulder and are used by hand.If you look at his front rest you will notice the rear leg has been extended so you can use it with a heavygun.It also has both the windage and elevation controls on it for easy access.What makes it really nice is it has a hydraulic windage top on it.When you adjust the windage a piston moves the top.
I will try and post some pictures of his other items as they are all top quality.
Lynn aka Waterboy

Last edited:
Lynn;

Thanks for posting the photos. Seems like it was just yesterday.

Congrat's to all the winners.

My daughter and I had a great time at the match meeting everyone and now being able to put faces to the names that I see on the different shooting sites.

I would like to thank everyone that worked behind the scenes to make this match run like one fine oiled machine, and for getting the results posted in record time.

Richard Schatz

Richard
Our matches generaly run much smoother and everything gets posted much quicker but without our regular Match Director Craig St Claire things slowed down quite a bit.
I didn't get alot of pictures like I normaly do but it was nice meeting you and your daughter both.I will be sending the NBRSA Newsletter Story to Lou Murdica later this week.
You should come back out for the NBRSA 1000 Yard Nationals in October.The weather is generaly very good that time of year and the Dasher shooters do very well.I am hopeful that Craig will be back on his feet as well by then.He is in rehabilitation and his breathing is getting better but he is definitely not 100% yet.
I am still working on getting the equipment list for those interested.The paperwork has changed hands several times and so far I still don't have it.
As soon as I receive it I will get it all typed up and posted.I want to include it with the Newsletter so as soon as it shows up I will jump on it.
Lynn aka Waterboy

Great pics..

Thanks Lynn...I know the wheels of progress turn pretty slow somtimes and aplaud your efforts to keep us up to date....
Congrats to Don our new Nat. Champ....and Kenny S. ...he is always "right there"....and Richard S. took home enuff firewood for a cupla days in the Dakotas..hhahah.......good shootin Richard....
It is good to hear Craig is improving...tell him lots of us are pulling for him...Roger

Joel,

The coating was applied by the company you use and is known as "Isonite QPQ process" and the barrel has been shooting great since I had it coated and it was a new unfired barrel when the coating was applied.

This is the same gun Leslie shot at Ojai in March where she shot the smallest group 1.80”, a 5 shot 3 target score of 146 and placed in 5 of the 6 categories. The load I had set up for Leslie since it shot so well I also used the same load at the 600 yd Nationals in Sacramento in my 6 Grendel case.

The barrel with Isonite QPQ process is shooting phenomenal and has proven to be a very good shooting barrel. Terry Leonard also makes a stock that tracks unbelievably straight and are beautiful looking stocks as well and the barrel and stock are mated with a Borden action.

John

Joel
I am glad John updated us on his barrel.I will fix my post.That barrel was done by you and it is flat out shooting.Leslie shot it at Ojai as John posted and her score would have been a world record except Bruce Duncan beat it by one point.It was Leslies first match ever!!!!!!!

It finished 4th at The NBRSA 600 Yard Nationals in lightgun and John had one bad target or he would have came in first place.
Lynn aka Waterboy

Last edited:
tell us more..

John...was the bbl chamberd before coating (smithed)...what brand and twist was it...and what powder/bullet/primer combo worked ????? grin...just wonderin if it is similar towhat works with most BR's....
How do you clean the bbl....I hav zero experience with Melonite....Roger

Lynn,
I thought that we had processed a barrel for John but I could not locate his contact info only the work order. Congradulations to John at the NBRSA Nationals, I wish I could have been their maybe next year.
Thanks,
Joel Kendrick

Roger
The barrel had a Isonite treatment done to it by Joel Kendrick who posts as Quartersnatcher.I talked to John last night and it wasn't melonite which is done by somebody else.He had one group at 5.4xx inches that kept him from placing at the top of the list so he ended up in 4th place.

Lynn aka Waterboy

Back