National Sporter Winner

T

tuna921

Tim Simbari only dropping a point to shoot a Eck tuned sporter to a 749 and a first place win

Way to go Tim ................

Jim

Eck Sporters dominate the top 10 again my friends:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim

Tim Good luck in the 3 gun
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim Simbari only dropping a point to shoot a Eck tuned sporter to a 749 and a first place win

Way to go Tim ................

Jim

Eck Sporters dominate the top 10 again my friends:cool:

I have a question: in your post it says it was eck tuned ,is this implying it was also built by eck or was it built by another gunsmith, on the rimfire accuracy site i believe someone said it was a myers benchmark sporter tuned by eck .If so, is this still classified as an eck sporter?

Eck rechambered the barrel and cut the knob back to where it would shoot (this is how you tune a sporter). But according to Gordon, yesterday it was an Eck gun, today it was a Meyers. ;-)

I have a question: in your post it says it was eck tuned ,is this implying it was also built by eck or was it built by another gunsmith, on the rimfire accuracy site i believe someone said it was a myers benchmark sporter tuned by eck .If so, is this still classified as an eck sporter?

This gun was initially built by Bill, it was completely redone by Gordon, including a rechamber and alterations of the lug including length, backbore,recrown. It's an Eck sporter, in fact it was his personal sporter until he sold it to me last year. I hope this answers any questions.

Last edited:
yep it's one of them guns everyone's gonna argue about who actually gets the credit,
almost like a heinz 57 gun.

Tim,

I would like to say Great shooting and keep it up. You have been shooting very well this past year or so and you have puuting in alot of hard work into it and it shows, BEST OF LUCK.

Russell

Tim............................................... ....................

I've never met you before, but I know how hard it is to shoot the little gun......it is my favorite rifle to shoot. Congratulations on a great win!! Your scores will be real hard to beat in the future. I don't know if it is a world record or not but it is the best scores I can remember. Sounds like that old Eck boy is a pretty good gunsmith too!!

Eck sporters won the Sporter Nationals, the 3 gun yards, and 3 gun meters sporter targets. Domination!! Gordon is the sporter king. Any doubts?

Back