N133 availability

JDBraddy

I'm a relatively new PPC shooter, Went to buy another 8# jug of N133 this week, they where out, and said there would be no more comming, their supplier would no longer import it. I went online and Midway, Grafs, Brownells, Midsouth, Powder Valley, even Bruno's Etc.... no 8#ers to be found, a few had a couple 1#ers left at very high prices, I've experimented with Benchmark, LT-32, and H-322. None have shot as consistently as N133 for me. I probably have a pound or less left, not sure what if anything I can do about it. Anyone else had this problem? Solutions?

I'm a relatively new PPC shooter, Went to buy another 8# jug of N133 this week, they where out, and said there would be no more comming, their supplier would no longer import it. I went online and Midway, Grafs, Brownells, Midsouth, Powder Valley, even Bruno's Etc.... no 8#ers to be found, a few had a couple 1#ers left at very high prices, I've experimented with Benchmark, LT-32, and H-322. None have shot as consistently as N133 for me. I probably have a pound or less left, not sure what if anything I can do about it. Anyone else had this problem? Solutions?

Darn, I sold off 6 8 pounders a couple of months ago for less than I paid. Shows I'm not a businessman.

No longer importing 133?

I have about 28 lbs of it, but I have switched over to a 80 grn bullet 1-12 twist barrel combination using H4895.

I can't amagine someone not importing 133. I wonder what the deal is?

Solution that will only help you next time. My boy scout days say never get below a two year supply of anything Benchrest related.

Later
Dave

Have any of the shops that you checked on line allowed you to put it on their Back Order list? That might tell you something. Fortunately I have enough N133 to last me for a long time.

Bob

I vaguely, remember they had a huge rebate sale........

Jack Neary flies First Class to Finland. Then buys as many First Class seats as he can.....And that is how we have N133.
Maybe, Jack is busy with Lapua and 22LR ammo at Christmas. Or he is sponsoring a "N133 shooting clinic" in the Bahamas for Christmas.....

Francis. I am calling you out. Jack is doing a great job.
He said at the Regional meeting, that there were 4 new members this year......And they were younger than me.....

And at the Shelby County Match. I finally won a raffle....can't say what I got....But, when I get it. I will be very happy.....12 yrs of raffles and I won something.

Might be my lucky year.
On Monday, NSSF notified me: I won a Camp Chef wood pellet grill....
C/P Camp Chef Woodwind SG Pellet Grill Package: one (1) Woodwind SG Pellet Grill with Sear Box, (ARV:$999.99).
I finally won on a gun raffle.....:p

Check with PMA Tool. or Kelbly's, ........Call these people. Try Powder Valley first...."On line" is different....

I ordered some mag springs from Brownell's on back order. 6 wks later they showed up. "On line" is still on back order......

Last edited:
I ordered from Bruno's website before I ever started this thread, and they called me to say they don't know why the website allowed me to place the order, because they haven't had eight pounders for months, and don't expect one pounders to be back in stock until the end of October, and did I want to be on the backorder list to call when they get them in.

8#’s of 133

I was told that there is a problem with the jugs that the powder was shipped in. They don’t meet the shipping requirements. Something like the only way to ship 8# is in a bottle big enough to hold 15 or more... large enough to pass a drop test and not bust open I think was the issue.

lists it. Try them.

Greg. PV only has 29 one pounders left at $32.75 each. An 8 pounder which is not in stock sells for $213.25. So if you buy 8 one pounders your paying $262.00 for the same 8lbs plus haz-mat and shipping. Doesn't pay to buy one pounders.

Back