N130 vihtavuori

Yes. A lot of VV130 from 99 or somewhere in there. It was all brown and crusty. It scared me when I found it on my shelf.

Joe

Yes. A lot of VV130 from 99 or somewhere in there. It was all brown and crusty. It scared me when I found it on my shelf.

Joe

I've had 135 do the same thing. Blew the tops off the canisters, anything of ferrous metal close by rusted like crazy.

Joe

Joe how did it shoot at that point?

That may have been some really good Tack Driving Powder!!!!!

Last edited:
Yep. Haven't yet tossed it. Here's a picture of what the can looks like. The attached picture is a Hodgdon container but it contains 133. My powder measure takes 1 lb containers screwed into it so when I have only 8 lb containers of some type of powder, I put it into an empty containers to dispense.

DSC06054.jpg

Years ago I bought a case of VihtaVuori N130, but it was all in 2LB jugs. the 2LB jugs didn't have the long lot # like the 8LB jugs
Mine were lot# 477-95. They also had a jug# and the last two I have left are 00159,00160
They have stickers saying use NEW 1995 reloading manual.
Powder is still good and is my powder of choice for the 222, didn't work so well for my PPC

btw: I also have an 8# jug from 2011, don't know if it is any good because it has never been open

Back