My Thanksgiving Dressing

jackie schmidt

I have the job of making the dressing for our families. This is about a two gallon pot.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23140&stc=1&d=1574833375

I will pour it in baking pans, refrigerate it, cook it Early Thursday morning.

This is a basic corn bread mix, lots of chicken and broth, boiled eggs, cooked, (boiled)celery and and green unions, diced apples, seasoned with salt, black pepper, sage, a stick of salted butter, and just a touch of basil. You use both the juice from the green onions and celery and the seasoned broth from the boiled chicken to wet it.

Sounds simple, but it is good.

Attachments

• 925B7961-53B7-4488-9C96-ECE84F98C1BB.jpeg
    925B7961-53B7-4488-9C96-ECE84F98C1BB.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Dressing

One stick of butter? Ya skin is gonna start squeaking against ya bones. Use 2. ? Well at least add 2 more clicks.

Last edited:
Dressing

What time should I arrive on Thanksgiving Day:D. My Grand Ma was the expert dressing maker. She left and took the recipe with her. I remember, the dressing was always better than the Turkey. Did you use the Turkey Giblets(Chopped) in the dressing?

Did they teach cooking in Machinists school?

Happy Thanksgiving,

Glenn

so, I'm a yank..... to me, dressing or stuffing goes inside the bird. And it's bread-based and fork-dry. Exactly what is the function of that thar soup/stew/broth/goulash/gumbo/pot????

You drink it?

Spoon it?

Dip your breads?

Pour it over yer food?

so, I'm a yank..... to me, dressing or stuffing goes inside the bird. And it's bread-based and fork-dry. Exactly what is the function of that thar soup/stew/broth/goulash/gumbo/pot????

You drink it?

Spoon it?

Dip your breads?

Pour it over yer food?

Al, you cook it for about 2 hours at 325, it comes out like dressing you are used too, only not as dry.

You can stuff some on the bird as well.

You drink it?

Spoon it?

Dip your breads?

Pour it over yer food?

Al, you might be a yank, but give it a go just one time and you’ll be an equal opportunity eater!

If you don’t believe me just ask me!

Take care,

Enjoy Thanksgiving!

Greg

Thanksgiving Dressing

Guess who’s coming to Dinner.:D:D:D

Thanks for that recipe, Jackie. I see nothing wrong with sharing a favorite recipe. We all gots to eat. I’ve had cornbread dressing/stuffing in Boston, prepared by native Bostonians. The ingredients may be a little different, Boston/Houston, but its all good. I never ask what went in? Now the Turkey is a different story. Ive developed a liking for fried Turkey,using cajun spices. Seems it comes out more moist.

Ya’ll have a Happy Turkey Day,and go light on the calories.

Glenn

I make the dressing every year and generally it has an onion diced, celery, and two containers of mushrooms sliced thin. Cook/sweat all that down in a stick of butter and while doing that cook a cup or two of wild rice in a quart of chicken stock. I also add lots of chopped herb, primarily thyme and add some diced apples and a cup of fresh cranberries (cut in half) to the onion/mushroom mix when it’s close to done. One all that’s done, melt another stick of butter in either pan and get a large mixing bowl with two bags of seasoned stuffing croutons/stuffing. Mix it all together and add a few nuts (1/3 rd cup or so), pinion nuts are great and chopped walnuts work too. Put that all into a roaster adding enough extra chicken stock to proper consistency and bake at 350 til warmed through and golden on top and edges....

It’s just awesome.

I never thought I'd see the day.... old guys sending pix of food like a bunch of millennials LOL

Love it.

We just brought home a new Traeger and are getting ready to cook/smoke some sirloin tip, burgers and venison, maybe even throw down some corn and veggies and then chuck in some sausage and maakara at low heat for a snack later...

tis the season

I never thought I'd see the day.... old guys sending pix of food like a bunch of millennials LOL

Love it.

We just brought home a new Traeger and are getting ready to cook/smoke some sirloin tip, burgers and venison, maybe even throw down some corn and veggies and then chuck in some sausage and maakara at low heat for a snack later...

tis the season

Al,

Is this your first Traeger?

Justin

an addition to the meal

Guys:
The device that you need to try is a "Turkey Cannon". I have roasted, smoked, fried and used other means of cooking the Thanksgiving bird but when I used the Turkey Cannon my family said "This is IT", no more attempts ( although several of them were good). The Turkey Cannon cooks the turkey like a Beer Can Chicken. You inject da Cajon seasons, put a little your wine in the barrel of da Cannon, put the Tony C on the outside and inside of the turkey and set on your gas grill. It cooks a 14 pound bird in about 2 1/2 hours, is juicy and full of those seasonings.
Real fine dining right off the grill.
For Real.
Al Elliott

Back