My new reamer

ArtinNC

I ordered a reamer on 4/20/21 and was told 8 weeks max . on 7/27 they said it was in last operation " Its in back off today " and this is 7/30/21 and it was promisted to ship this week and I think they lied to me again ( 5th time ). Anyone know what the " Its in back off today " operation is ? Anyone know what calender they could be using ? LOL LOL .

Ordered from who?
I ordered a custom ground reamer from Manson. Dave said it would be six weeks and I had it in three.

Ordered from who?
I ordered a custom ground reamer from Manson. Dave said it would be six weeks and I had it in three.

NOT from Manson .

I can't say right now , and it was promised week ending 7/31/21 so this is the 6th lie ! The reamer was ordered on 4/20/21 .

I thnik I've heard that one before, grinding the secondary relief on the back side of the cutting edge, correct?

Or is it someone's idea of a joke

Sad deal I detest a Liar. If one cannot tell the Truth it is best just not to Speak. I was getting reamer's from somebody else and this was my first chambering reamer from David Manson. It is dead on to my specs. of which I also had to approve prior to it being made. I personally think the Quality was also quite abit better and I also liked the approach of measure / check twice before doing the work. I did make a few small changes after reviewing the first print sent.

Jim , you could be right .

I'm really sorry about this post but I need to B**** to someone and my wife don't want to here it . LOL LOL I'm right at the piont that I want my money back and forget the reamer .

Last edited:
lotta' whinin' goin' on right here....very glad I'm not involved in this project in any way

life is short

then you die

lotta' whinin' goin' on right here....very glad I'm not involved in this project in any way

life is short

then you die

Which is why it's completely reasonable to expect that when someone says they'll have something done by a certain time, that it will be done at that time. Sure, you might excuse some exigencies, but some people have a habit of over-promising, and under-delivering. If you can't rely on them, they don't deserve your business.

I'm not sure who the manufacturer in question here is, but I have a pretty good guess...

GsT

life is short

then you die

BUT I CAN"T HELP IT , REAMER promist in 8 weeks and it has been 14 weeks . I'm 84 want to make a rifle for a grandson , But I will probably die first !

Building him a 221Fireball on a XP100 action . But they now say it is shipped but can't give me a tracking number , so you know it is another lie .

Been there once and won't go back to doing business with such folks. Once had a custom rifle being built and I put down the deposit. Every time I called after it was supposed to be done. The answer was always two more weeks and this went on for four years and I finally said send me my money back.

Back