My Grandson's new receiver-photos

Butch Lambert

These are photos of my Grandson's new Rem. 600 receiver.
DSC02355.jpg

DSC02352.jpg

The work on it was done by some of my friends and I really appreciate it. Mike Bryant of Wheeler, Tex. reamed the raceways, cut the lug abuttments, single point threaded the threads to straighten them, and trued the bolt face. Dave Kiff supplied a fluted bolt with a .062 firing pin assm. and a 3 POS safety. The bolt was ground to match the raceways. Dan Armstrong of Fairbanks, Alaska tig welded one of his bolt handles on. He understands bolt timing! Pete Pieper of Hempstead, Tex. installed the Anschutz bolt release. Karl Feldkamp of Michigan did the cut on the left hand side of the receiver and the cut out on the front of the ejection port. Jim Kobe of Bloomington, Minn. installed the 3 POS safety and finish welding and shaping the tang where the factory safety was located.
It was a real pleasure working with some great guys on this. I will chamber a 6X47Lapua on a Shilen barrel and am looking for a lightweight stock.
I hope you guys like it.
Butch

Hey Rad,
Jerry forgot more about machining in 1 day than you will ever know. I have asked you repeatedly to post pictures of your work. Where is it?
Butch

Awesome receiver...

As always....a first class project. You picked some of the best in the business to work on this piece. Very nice...

See you in Tomball in a couple of weeks...I'm bringing the toothless wonder:D

Uh, Grandpaw Butch - i did a seacrh and wow i'm your grandson to!!
That was very nice of you to put that much history into a receiver. The "story" is worth a lot, sometimes people just don't get it. joe:)

That is a work of art. This is nothing like that, totally out of that league, but I've been providing a rifle to each of my grandkids. One I'm particularly proud of, my grandson wanted an "Army Gun". He was 8. So I took a turkish Mauser and cut it down and barrelled it in 260 Rem. Put M1 carbine sight on the front and made an upper handguard like an O3A3. It has a right hand scope modified mauser safety, Light tigerstripe stock. It shoots under an inch at 100. So they came to visit and I sent it home with them. Following summer I went to visit them. I find the rifle laying out in the garage. He had been playing army with it. (they live out in the country). They hadn't fired it yet, and I had brought ammo, so I cleaned it up and we went to the range. At the range they guys there were handing it around, taking pictures of it, and making fab comments about it, asking how much it would cost to have one made, etc. When we got back it went into the safe. Point is? To me it was a labor of love, my little masterpiece, to them it was just another cut down mauser. "Disappointment is a function of expectations."

Heck, my one year old grandson has a gun collection, started years before he was born. Has nothing to do with spoiling grand kids at all. I know it only has to do with passing on the love we all had as kids growing up, and still have the rest of our lives.:)

Back