My First Real Bench Rest Build

rkittine

Just got this on Monday. Stopped at Bob White's today and got pretty much all my cleaning supplies and other incidentals. Now to shoot it. Any bench rest shooter out there in New Jersey, Eastern PA or down state, New York that is shooting somewhere in the near future? I would like to start off around some people who know what they are doing.

Bob

Attachments

• CASE RS CRP.jpg
    CASE RS CRP.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 890
  • VISE RIGHT CRP RS II.jpg
    VISE RIGHT CRP RS II.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 862
Hi Bob,

Here is some information on the Winter League at Central Jersey. Bob White is usually a participant at these matches.

Central Jersey Winter Benchrest

Well, the winter benchrest season is finally here.
The first match of the year at Central Jersey begins this Sunday, 10-4-2015.

I usually open the range at approximately 6 am.
Setup of flags and other equipment will be from 6 am thru 8:30 am.
Shooting will begin around 9 am.

This Sunday will be at 100 yards.
We will have a 2 target score match for those interested.
Group will begin shortly after the score match.
We will also have some sort of “ game “ during the group match, again for those interested.

Cost of matches as follows:
Group - $10, with cash prizes awarded at the end of the season for top the top 5 finishers. In order for your agg to count towards the prize money, you MUST shoot a minimum of four at 100 yards, and four at 200 yards.

Score: $5 each. Immediate cash payout for top 3 finishers ( minimum of 6 shooters ).
There will be a payout for 5 score shooters or less, but it will be a smaller payout.
I’ll explain payout at the shoot.

Game: $3 each.
There will be a an immediate payout for the winner of the “ games “.
I’ll explain payout at the shoot.

Once again, the score match and the games are for those who are interested in shooting them.

For any new shooters, our address is:
168 S Stump Tavern
Jackson NJ 08527

It's a great place to meet fellow benchrest shooters and the unregistered matches are conducted in the same manner as a registered match.

Bill McIntyre

Thanks Bill,

Bob and I talked about this. Weekends are usually a problem for me as I work most weekends. As I understand it, this is a private club, so to shoot outside the league, I would have to go as a guest or join, which I am happy to do, but I have no clue how to do that. My may issues is that I would very much like to break this barrel in shooting with someone that knows what they are doing, which is not me.

Bob

Club shoot

Where are the shoots held, what club and what is the location, I am in Cape May NJ

The winter benchrest matches at Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club are held the first and second Sunday of each month October thru March.
First Sunday is at 100 yards.
Second Sunday is at 200 yards.
Bob, if you want to shoot at Central Jersey during the week, pm me and we can set something up.
As Bill indicated in his post, we are located in Jackson, NJ. If you need any additional info on the matches or the club, pm me or go to: cjrpc.org
paul

Last edited:
The winter benchrest matches at Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club are held the first and second Sunday of each month October thru March.
First Sunday is at 100 yards.
Second Sunday is at 200 yards.
Bob, if you want to shoot at Central Jersey during the week, pm me and we can set something up.
As Bill indicated in his post, we are located in Jackson, NJ. If you need any additional info on the matches or the club, pm me or go to: cjrpc.org
paul

Thank you for the offer Paulie, I will PM you, early next week to see whats good for you.
Thanks
Rob

Just got this on Monday. Stopped at Bob White's today and got pretty much all my cleaning supplies and other incidentals. Now to shoot it. Any bench rest shooter out there in New Jersey, Eastern PA or down state, New York that is shooting somewhere in the near future? I would like to start off around some people who know what they are doing.

Bob
Not tryin' ta' put poo in the puddin'...........but that don't look like a PPC.....????

More like a 1K gun?

Look how old the original post is. (2015) That is my Borden 6.5x47L which I shoot at 1,000 yards as you suspected, but played with it at 100 while waiting for my Clarence Hammond 6PPC on a BAT B action. If I was at my Long Island House, I would post a picture, but that has to wait to tomorrow or Thursday. The 6PP weighs just a hair under 10.5 with the Sightron Fixed powered cope and the weights out and just under 13.5 with them in. 13.5 twist Krieger Barrel and Jewel trigger. I also shot my 6mmBR Norma while waiting for it, which qualifies for Bob White's Factory Class, though I do not think it should.

Bob

Last edited:
Back