Mossberg 144 LSB's

Calfed

I have a Mossberg US 44 that I got from CMP. I was sufficiently impressed with it that I wanted a 144.

Recently nabbed a pair of 144 LSB's at an on-line auction. Of course, you never know until the BBT arrives, but these look almost new in the pics.

#1 looks great, but appears to be missing part of the sight.
mssbrgA1-1.jpg

mssbrgA2-1.jpg

mssbrgA3-1.jpg

#2 also looks great and the description advises "Has Extra Sights", so I'm hoping that the "extra sights" are for a 144 and include the pieces missing from #1. There is a plastic bag tied to the gun in the pictures that presumably contain the sights.
mssbrgB1-2.jpg

mssbrgB2-1.jpg

mssbrgB3-1.jpg

mssbrgB4-1.jpg

Neither came with a magazine, so I will need two. I'm wondering about the red caution sticky on the side of the rifles. Is that something that Mossberg put on there? Could that indicate that these are new or at least haven't been fired?

I've got two sons who are shooters..thinking these would make nice Christmas gifts.

We need a report on how you did. The LSB's are very good rifles for their age - built between ~1968 and 1985. RFC has a very friendly forum on Mossbergs.

I bought a 144LS out of a barrel at a gun show for 75 bucks about 10 years ago. It had been a summer camp training rifle and was dirty from storage for about 20 years. It was fun to get it to shoot, but the triggers don't lend themselves to great accuracy. The chamber on mine was kinda sloppy too.

After bedding and mounting a scope, I sold it for $150 or so, after considered shortening the barrel and making a sporter out of it. It managed to group just under an inch at 50 yards.

Back