more steenking testing....

alinwa

oft dis'd member
OK, so I've been hearing for months that "the new Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor brass with small primer is here" but my supply lines haven't humored me....

IS it here?

And if so, WHERE can I buy some?

tx

al

too late for the first batch i think.
one of my suppliers says out of stock...
which means it came and went

Nothing came and went, it hasn't been released yet. It's not due till Q1 of 2017. The only people to have any of it was for testing. Graff's or one of the other large reloading suppliers will let you backorder it.

OK, that's a relief. I've got orders in with Graf and several others and I shorely hadn't seen any yet but hear folks referring to "how good it is" as if they know, even though not a single solitary one of them has touched it...

I'm in no hurry, just wanted to know if I'd missed a boat somewhere!

What's the interest in small primers?

Just curious as I have some experience with them in the past.

Pete

Pete,

There's some like German Salazar that aver that loads go better with the least powerful primer that will light the powder efficiently, but it seems that the current trend is based on the fact that with standard (.308 head size) cases, you leave more brass in the head & can load to higher pressures with a small primer.

John

Just curious as I have some experience with them in the past.

Pete

Small primers allow one to get the burn rate up to 'clean' levels like the BR/PPC. Lapua has been very responsive in this area, blessing us first with the 6.5X47 case (which eats the standard 6.5 Creedmoor for LUNCH) then with the 308 Palma case. Now if they're going to nestle the Creedmoor case between the two, bravo.

This stuff is nothing like the old URBR cases with their humungous oversized flashholes......a small primer with a small flashhole ignites like a blowtorch...

Back