Mk4 Leupold vs Burris XTR

B

bwest

I am about to lay down the cash for the Leupold but had a Burris XTR offered to me and it actually looks presentable. Does anyone have experience with the Burris. You dont have to sell me on the Mk4

I am about to lay down the cash for the Leupold but had a Burris XTR offered to me and it actually looks presentable. Does anyone have experience with the Burris.

More than presentable. The Burris XTR is a worthy candidate.

I have two of them, one in 6-24 and one in 3-12x50 (mildot) in the striking green anodized color. The latter was purchased for a rifle I have since sold (it was also green, go figure). If you're interested in that particular XTR, please advise your best online retailer price and I'll do better. It's LNIB, with all accessories. Cheers. (I have more scopes than rifles to put them on. If you might be interested in a like-new Pentax LS30 6-24x50, which is made by Burris to the same standard as their Black Diamond, but branded for Pentax, I have one available. Mildot reticle.)

I have both Burris and Leupold and find the Burris has brighter field of view...and you can't beat a "Forever Warranty" !!

I just purchased my 1st Burris scope a couple of weeks ago - got a Euro Diamond 1.5-6x40 to go on a 6.8 SPC AR15 carbine. I'm impressed with the brightness, clarity, & contrast of the optics; not as impressed with the mushy clicks on the turrets. But since I don't expect to be clicking this scope all over creation on this short-range carbine, I feel it'll work fine for the intended purpose. To qualify the 'mushy' comment - I'm comparing the clicks on the Burris to those of several Leupold LR target scopes & Sightron SIIIs I have. Haven't done any side-by-side comparisons of the optical quality of the Burris to the Leupolds or Sightrons, but the impression I have so far is that the Burris is very close to the Leupolds.

Over the years I have used Burris customer service several time.

I have found Burris to be equal to Leupold but it takes them about 2 weeks longer.

Octopus

Back