Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop Vs MARS II

Rustystud

Nathaniel G. Lambeth, Sr, d/b/a Custom Guns and Ammunition, L.L.C. Invented, paid for the original R&D and Prototyping of the Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop. Dave Kiff and Pacific Tool & Gauge, INC., made the original parts, The blanks were paid for and shipped to Custom Guns and Ammunition, L.L.C. for inspection, laser engraving, reinspection, packaging and shipped back and sold to Dave Kiff and Pacific Tool and Gauge wholesale. Dave Kiff and Pacific Tool and Gauge then sold the product at retail marketed under both our names , "Lambeth/Kiff". Custom Guns and Ammunition began having problems with Pacific Tool and Gauge, both quality control issues and payment issues. Three years ago Nathaniel G. Lambeth, Sr., d/b/a Custom Guns and Ammunition, L.L.C. requested Dave Kiff and Pacific Tool and Gauge to cease and desist from making products of Nathaniel G. Lambeth's design and remove his name from Pacific Tool and Gauge web site. Dave Kiff and Pacific Tool and Gauge Have continued to make products of Nathaniel G. Lambeth's design and not removed the Lambeth name from the Pacific Tool and Gauge web site. He has said the Lambeth products are "his products since he was manufacturing them as a joint venture". We originally started business with a handshake. He continues to make his own version of the Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop. He has removed Lambeth on the Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stops that he is currently making. Unfortunately he has not removed the Lambeth name from the pacific Tool and Gauge web site. Dave Kiff and Pacific Tool and Gauge continues to include "Lambeth Instructions and Warranty information" with the product he is selling. Let me make it clear that if you buy a Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop from Dave Kiff and Pacific Tool and Gauge it is not my product and carries no support or warranty from Nathaniel G. Lambeth, Sr., or Custom Guns and Ammunition, L.L.C. Over the last two years Nathaniel G. Lambeth, d/b/a Custom Guns and Ammunition has received numerous warranty request for Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stops made and sold by Pacific Tool and Gauge. We neither make, sell, or warrantee Dave Kiff and Pacific Tool and Gauges products. Nathaniel G. Lambeth, Sr. d/b/a Custom Guns and Ammunition, L.L.C. makes their own Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop (second Generation) labeled under the registered trademark MARS II. This products is superior to the original Micrometer Adjustable Reamer Stop in a number of ways. It is a nine piece set, made non rusting heat treated material, the bodies from 1 inch through 1.75 inches are vented for use with a flush system, the laser engraving is .010" deep so it will never wear off, and they include a small tenon adapter for rimfire and pistol caliber chambering. The MARS II carries a lifetime limited warrantee.
Nathaniel G. Lambeth, Sr.
Custom Guns and Ammunition, L.L.C

I have multiple sets of the MARS, one of the greatest tools made for chambering. Nat makes some great tools.

I have one of the original design and it's great. Would really like one with 'vents' for oil escape and will probably pull the trigger on a MARS II someday. This backstory is disappointing in terms of what I'd expect from PTG.

GsT

I'm sorry to see this sort of thread.

As one of "the outsiders" who's been "guilty" many times of "buying the wrong product from the wrong vendor" (case boxes, dies, rests, reamers and muzzle brakes to name a few. Naming others would definitely be "naming names" as Nat has done) I appreciate the dilemma.

And as a businessman I appreciate another series of dilemmas here.

And as the friend and confidante (and in one case son-in-law) of actual-factual inventors and holders of dozens of actual-factual patents on products everyone on this board has heard of..... I also appreciate "sides"......

I'm not taking a side.

I'm hoping to remind everyone that there are generally TWO sides.

that is all

al

I'm not taking sides either but the PTG of today is sure not the PTG of a few years ago. I wish it was.

Richard

Back