Memories

JDMock

Although I have not sold my Benchrest rifle like Dick Wright, I have tapped out of short range Benchrest. Today, I was looking at pictures taken over a 20+ year period and they brought back many favorable memories. Many of the shooters who were at matches in 1997 are no longer with us and I miss them. Here are a few pictures that I will share. I hope that you are not too bored by these. James Mock
From left to right: Mike Mastroglovanni with 200 yard winner @ SS; Tom Libby's 200 yd "zero" @ Nationals, St. Louis ; Two more that may have tapped out from BR, Pat Byrne and Jim Foster ; BR equipment circa 1875 ; Grandson Connor McCain w/ SAKO .223 that I stocked back in the 70's.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 361
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    859.5 KB · Views: 382
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 369
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 308
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 334
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    499.3 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Nice pictures Mister Mock and memories. I hope your Grandson enjoys the rifle also. I,m sure he will keep you hoppin reloading for it. Just don,t get him into Benchrest. All I need is some one else to kick my butt at the Matches.

You Pal in Sunny Ohier,

John

I remember seeing Tom's 200 yard zero that was dead center of the ten ring. Don't even have to explain that one to non benchrest shooters except for having to explain the moving backer system to them.

Yet another failed attempt at spelling "Mikey Alphabet's" name correctly (ask Andy Shifflett about his best effort). That was a seriously memorable group that Mike shot, especially if you belonged to the same gun club as him in those days.
Libby, has to my recollection, always been a fine shooter. That 200yd pin wheel came as no suprise to anyone.

I remember Pat Byrne from the IBS "metric nationals" in Painted Post, NY in the early 2000's. Quiet, solitary guy. He won the 2&3 gun if my memory is correct. Havn't seen him around since. Many metric records tumbled that day, not sure if there has been a registered BR match in meters since then.The PP Benchrest program fell apart along with Bob Demonstoy's health not long after that. The exististence of these small BR club programs has always hung by a thread tied to a few senior BR shooters that paved the way for our organized shooting today.

Looking forward to many more Benchrest memories in the years to come.
Joel

Yet another failed attempt at spelling "Mikey Alphabet's" name correctly (ask Andy Shifflett about his best effort). That was a seriously memorable group that Mike shot, especially if you belonged to the same gun club as him in those days.
Libby, has to my recollection, always been a fine shooter. That 200yd pin wheel came as no suprise to anyone.

I remember Pat Byrne from the IBS "metric nationals" in Painted Post, NY in the early 2000's. Quiet, solitary guy. He won the 2&3 gun if my memory is correct. Havn't seen him around since. Many metric records tumbled that day, not sure if there has been a registered BR match in meters since then.The PP Benchrest program fell apart along with Bob Demonstoy's health not long after that. The exististence of these small BR club programs has always hung by a thread tied to a few senior BR shooters that paved the way for our organized shooting today.

Looking forward to many more Benchrest memories in the years to come.
Joel

Pat has been exploring other venues in the past years. He might still be the best 200 yard shooter I ever competed against.

By the way. Are we going to team up again for the 2017 Nationals in Saint Louis? That was a good time in Phoenix.

Jackie,
A potential Arizona archery elk tag(3rd year in a row that I applied) might take precedence over the Nationals. Other then that, would be happy to team up again.

Painted Post. Great place to shoot and throw bench timers, no?

Back