McKeesport Sportsmen's Association - PA State IR50/50 3-Gun Championship Results

DTZosack

Eleven shooters showed up for the match. Conditions started out pretty good and the scores for the yards portion were quite good. By the start of the meters shoot the conditions deteriorated and the scores took a big hit. Attached are the match results.

Thanks to everyone who helped!!! I couldn't do it without you guys.

Dave

Attachments

• MATCH RESULTS YARDS 09-01-2024.pdf
    25.8 KB · Views: 35
  • MATCH RESULTS METERS 09-01-2024.pdf
    25.1 KB · Views: 24
Thanks. Dumb question? 🙋
Is there an overall state champion or just a yards and meters winner?
Not a dumb question. In most events there is an overall winner for a Match or tournament.

But in IR 50/50 at State matches we have a Yards State Champion and a Meters State Champion.

But at the Nationals we have what is called a 6-gun Champion. This adds all six targets together and the person with the highest score is the six-gun champion. Or the Nationals Champion.

TKH

Wow, killer 1st match Sporter card by Harper!
Pretty stout!

Scott
Yeah, I saw that too. Its not his only 20x+ target this year either. I may just bring my spotting scope & watch the show at the Sporter Nats. I've lucked into only a few 20x cards with the sporter over the years, very few, & am amazed at how consistently he's always done this. Incredible!
Tony, I'm curious though if it was TD Junior or one of your builds. Only reason I ask is I've formed the opinion that you yourself are the best Calfee ever mentored, & its not even close. Nothing against Jeff's stuff at all, its just results I see is all.
I know your a humble guy & probably never acknowledge this on a public forum, but its just what I see/think.
Fanboy.....? Yeah, maybe. Hard not to be really.

Your words are too kind but thank you.

Tack Driver Junior (TDJ) is a Calfee Sporter, and it wears the same barrel he put on it 13 years ago. Over that time, it has had the trigger changed, and the firing pin changed but that is about all.

Four years ago, I turn up a new barrel for TDJ. When I tested it, I thought it shot as well or better than the Calfee barrel, so I planned to leave it on. But when it came time to pack up for the Sporter 10-shot Nationals, I lost my nerve and put the Calfee barrel back on.

At the nationals I shot a 500 agg. won the match and set a new record. Last year I was tempted to put on the new barrel but again lost my nerve. At the Nationals last year, I won again and broke my record. TDJ continues to shoot and if there is such a thing as a hummer barrel TDJ has been a hummer rifle.

OK, I've bragged enough, sorry for that, but I have special feelings for TDJ it has carried me a long way.

The pic is from the day Calfee was testing TDJ. That is his rest and scope that he used to test most of his builds. Crude maybe but it worked.

TKH

Attachments

• TD Junior III.jpg
    TD Junior III.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 22
Back