Mavis Haller Memorial Match

J

Joe Haller

Our club's biggest rimfire match of the year will be held here at Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan on Sunday August 14th. It is a match in remembrance of my wife, Mavis, who was my shooting partner for 47 years.

If any of you guys are planning your vacation in August, I would like to suggest you consider Michigan's Upper Peninsula. August is a good time (the best) to visit the U.P. of Michigan. We will be shooting the USBR target at 25 & 50 yards under Rimfire Central rules.

We are giving away $1500.00 worth of shooting related prizes by luck of the draw. You don't have to be a hot-shot to win. The prizes include a Fudd Front Rest, a CZ 452 American and 5 copies of that rare and hard to find book: "TEAM CALFEE - THE BOOK". All you need is some luck. In fact in this match all the winners get are bragging rights. Everyone who shoots in the match gets an award badge, a copy of the Leader Board Bulletin, and a crack at those Prizes.

A warm up match:
On the day before (Saturday) we are running a benchrest metallic silhouette match. 1/5th size NRA animals: Rams at 200 yards, Turkeys at 125 yards, Pigs at 100 and chickens at 60 yards. You might have difficulty getting a 200 yard zero. If so, we will loan you one of our Suhl 150s which will be zeroes at 200 yards.

This is a great Vacation Land and we have a pretty nice range: 38 firing points from 25 yards to 200 yard. 28 under cover. Indoor rests room, seven electric hookups for trailers, plus some rustic sites for tent campers.

Come on UP.

If you decide to do this thing: Let me know. We are planning to feed 35. We would like to add you to the "hungry" list.

Joe Haller (Mr. Frosty)

MavisMemorial-11.jpg

Back