Marlin M25

kujones

Kjones
I've got a little winter project with a Glenfield (Marlin) model 25. It can't keep 5 shots inside of 4 inches at 25 yards so I'm thinking new trigger, scope, ammo. The trigger selection is pretty limited so the questions are about scope and ammo.
Any advice on a good scope for $100 - $125? Weaver, Leuopold, etc make good scopes in the $200 range so they're not the answer.
Any advice on SUBSONIC ammo? I'm shooting Remington "22 subsonic"; there has to be something better. Again, top of the line isn't the answer. This is a Glenfield model 25 not an "Annie".

i have a marlin 25n, put a basix trigger on it, (it goes down to about 1 lb.) helped a lot. got it from midway i think. it cost around 70 bucks back then.
threw a tasco, 6-24 scope on it. everyone carries them for about 80 bucks if you want to go cheap.
it'll shoot 3/4 inch easy at 50 yds. using eley or fed 900. everything else is stock. great little squirrel gun.
for cheap ammo try sk plus. i have some that shoots fairly well. i think it was 45 a brick i think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Another great answer! I was really wondering about the new trigger but it sounds worthwhile. I
ll look at Tasco and the ammo.

The Rifle Basix triggers are a huge improvement over the factory trigger. Night and day. Definitely worth it.

I have a couple of Mueller scopes on my Marlin and they offer pretty good bang fer yer buck. The Mueller APV in BKL rings (mounting to the dovetail) is a good value combo.

However if you're spraying groups like that, the first thing I'd do is make certain everything that needs to be tight/secure actually is. Put the Remington away and try some Wolf Match. One box for ~$5 is worth it.

Back