MAINE STATE IR 50/50 CHAMPIOMSHIP 8-31 and 9-1

Pete Wass

Capitol City Maine will hold it's 2013 State Championships on August 31 and September 1. We will shoot the 50 yd 3 Gun and Unlimited on Saturday and the same at 50 Meters on Sunday. We will provide the makings for sandwiches and a few assorted sweets for desert along with soda and water on ice. Come to Maine, eat cheap lobsters and then, come shoot with us. ( Roadside Lobsters are $4.00 per pound this year ;)

Ms J made two big pans of brownies this past weekend Ray, We'll see :).

Ray, After lunch and a Ms J brownie I shot a 250 ! Then I had another Brownie and shot another 250 ! I went back for a third Brownie and just a small piece was left, I had a small bite and the rest fell on the ground! Dropped 4 points that card.
If Ms J brings some more for the Maine State shoot? I will definitely hoard some.

Paul

Maybe it would be worth the drive up just for a brownie - or two. Thinking about it to shoot Yards on Saturday only, but will see when the time draws closer.

Dave

Pete , Bob is trying to talk these old bones into taking a ride down Maine. I'll give you a definite maybe soon.
Did you mention something about brownies?
Thanks Ray

special brownies

Come to think of it they are special brownies! Immediately after lunch & 2 brownies I shot a 250 too! Problem was * didn't eat more & my scores suffered!
Pete, think you know this but I'll be there both days. Please have Ms.J make some more (250) brownies!
Ray, if you do come bring some more flags & stands. I'll take a fixed & an uppy/downy with stands like you sold me in MA. I know another guy who may want a u/d as well.
Keith

Pete , Bob is trying to talk these old bones into taking a ride down Maine. I'll give you a definite maybe soon.
Did you mention something about brownies?
Thanks Ray

I think I have convinced her to make at least one pan of male brownies this time :).

Weather permitting, the Hill boys young and old will be shooting yards Saturday. For the shooters who
are interested in purchasing some Wicks Dual vanes and up and downers please let me know in advance.
Keep the brownies warm. See yall Saturday.
Regards, Ray

Pete,

I talked the ole guy into taking the trip...I think he mentioned we'll be taking some Wicks flags up with us to sell....just don't know how many to bring....Looking forward to shooting in the great state of Maine...see you Saturday.

Bob

Bob and Ray,

You guys are gonna love the Capitol City range. It's always been one of my favorites and have shot it several times. Too bad it's a 350 mile (over a tank of gas) round trip to shoot there, especially now we're on a fixed budget which makes it an either/or decision. And, before you come home, make sure you take a look at their High Power range. Just as a hint: too bad they didn't install an escalator.

Dave

Pete,

I talked the ole guy into taking the trip...I think he mentioned we'll be taking some Wicks flags up with us to sell....just don't know how many to bring....Looking forward to shooting in the great state of Maine...see you Saturday.

Bob

Bob, been in touch with your dad. I'd like a u/d & a fixed with stands. Glad you're both coming.
Keith

Practice tomorrow

I will open the range around 1:00 pm tomorrow for practice unless someone else beats me to it. Sign up at 7:30 Saturday and shooting begins at 9:00 am both days.

Pete

Pete
You be good those boys this weekend. Don't beat them too bad.
Jim

Good and great turnout

We had 16 souls show up to shoot in out all day marathon yesterday with some great scores shot. Some folks got it figured out :). Of note, Dave Piccuito shot a lovely 250 with his Ratchet barreled Sporter, his first Sporter 250 with his Sporter, for the win. Way to go Dave! I'll get the rest of the results up tomorrow. Thanks to the 4 lads who drove up from Mass to shoot with us as well.

Forecast is for 80* and isolated Thunderstorms but we'll put on our "Souwesters" and tough it out.

Pete

Congrars to all the shooters who shot this Saturday, and a special congrats to Dave, the only guy older than me
who shot that beautiful 250 with his sporter. Nice one Dave, and thanks to Pete and the rest of yall Down Easters
for making me and Bob feel so welcome. We shall return.

Back