Lock ease

Ajshooter

Jeff Youmans
Who uses it and what process do you use .
1 patch wet with lock ease after cleaning .
Then a dry patch after .

Last edited:
Lock Ease Usage

After cleaning barrel

2 dry patches to dry the barrel from cleaning solvents
Then 1 patch of Lock Ease (apply to the 4 corners of the patch small amount about the size of pencil eraser to each corner)
I then reverse the same patch and re-run through the barrel (eliminates any excess)

For long term storage (Longer than a week) I use oil rather than Lock Ease.

CLP

Colloidal Graphite

I use Colloidal Graphite in a liquid suspension of oil after cleaning during a match. I put three very small drops on the center of a 3/4 inch patch to reduce fouling on a clean dry barrel. To be honest, I’m not sure if it helps or not, but that was what I was told to do by some experienced benchrest shooters when I started to shoot competitively. I also do this with my hunting rifles just before heading into the woods because I found them to hit my point of aim right out of a clean barrel (which isn’t the case with an oiled barrel). For long term storage after the match and hunting I use Butch’s Bore Shine Oil. Not sure if Lock Ease is the same. My solution came from a shooter that mixes up the graphite and oil. I also understand that some shooters use a purchased a product called Penephite Oil.

After cleaning, one wet(ish) patch....done, the carrier evaporates in a few minutes.
First shot is maybe a bullet hole out of group but always shoot a minimum of 2 sighters.

I use Colloidal Graphite in a liquid suspension of oil after cleaning during a match. I put three very small drops on the center of a 3/4 inch patch to reduce fouling on a clean dry barrel. To be honest, I’m not sure if it helps or not, but that was what I was told to do by some experienced benchrest shooters when I started to shoot competitively. I also do this with my hunting rifles just before heading into the woods because I found them to hit my point of aim right out of a clean barrel (which isn’t the case with an oiled barrel). For long term storage after the match and hunting I use Butch’s Bore Shine Oil. Not sure if Lock Ease is the same. My solution came from a shooter that mixes up the graphite and oil. I also understand that some shooters use a purchased a product called Penephite Oil.

I shoot with Lee, most times of the year.
I started with Loc Ease. Then bought a can of Penephite. From the Kroil guys. Gallon is the smallest. So I shared a lot of it.....
I liked that without it, 2 bullets would not touch. With it they always touch...I use it in my factory rifles also....Seemed to help a lot....

Oops didn't finish Lee's post.....

Back