list of Powerds by burn rate

L

LASER

Where can a person find a relatively new listing of powder burn rates. I have a two year old loading manual. I am guessing that there are more recent ones. On line would be nice. Thanks
LASER

I just ran a Google search and found a couple different charts. Three different charts where my favorite powders were in different locations on the charts....

.... which probably explains whi I was taught not to take burn rate charts to literally, but rely on published loading data (pr my old cardboard Powley).

I figure the OP wanted the recommendations of members here because he respects the site and experiance of the membership.
Anyone can Google to their hearts content and never be sure of the accuracy of information found no matter what the source, stuff gets misprinted all the time or outdated info gets passed along by oversight.

Hodgdon does seem to be doing a good deal more towards establishing the facts about powders and other components than other reloading sources have in the past.

I think their experiance with H4895 having a different burn rate than the parent IMR 4895 has spurred them towards making certain of the qualities of components before handling or recommending them.

I was too busy

Try doing a goggle search. Thats what the internet is for....

focusing on my puncuation to think of googling it. I have been spoiled by the ammount of info available on this board. As it turns out, I would not have remembered varmit Al. From reading his posts for the last two years or so, I would think that his stuff will be as reliable as any, more than most. I'm doing this for a friend who is even more inept at the internet than me. I will check them all out, download them and pass it on. Thanks from Roy and me.
LASER

How about IMR 8208

Neither Hodgon's nor Steve's Page has yet listed IMR 8208. Wonder where it falls. Anyone have a clue?

Rl 17

I did not see RL 17 :rolleyes:. Where does it fall??:confused:

Thanx,
Jim

Didn't see it on any charts, but the Alliant website says similar burn rate to IMR4350. I've seen IMR 4064 listed on either side of Varget, so I don't put to much confidence in burn rate charts other than general information. nhk

NHK,

With all the variation we've seen in Varget over the years it might be more correct that Varget appears on both sides of 4064! Either way it makes your point that a burn rate chart is a starting point for load development and its information should be applied with judgement.

Greg

Back