Left the Range

J

Jim Pickerill

I was just informed that Ferris Pindell passed away this morning.
He was a true and dear friend. He will be missed.

JimP

This is truly a loss to the BR community. He will be truly missed. Our condolences and prayers to June and all of the family. James Mock

Ferris was always carring around a new bullet he was working on, or some little "something" in his pocket. A friend for many years, the only thing you wouldn't want to do with him was play pool, that is unless you had some money you wanted to part with. He loved to play pool and eat ice cream about as much as he liked to shoot. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
Ron & Jo Ann

You are so right Ron Hoehn....I had a dinner with him more than one time in the Supershoot and I remember him at that restaurant on 2008 Supershoot showing us that very pointy 6mm 105 grs bullet and said "I am the father of the 6PPC but I am gonna start shooting 6BR soon...you know son he said benchrest shooting is very much a pool game of vertical, horizontal and diagonal" He 's that kind of man always with good humor, friendly to everyone and I thank him so dearly of the chance of shooting his invention. Prayers to ma'am June and the whole Pindell family.

Poison he said about that 105gr bullet. Every time i saw him. He was at our room at the Legacy a couple years ago talking benchrest for well over an hour. A bunch of older guys were in our room talking, Simo, Sperry, Larson, Dowd, Doc,and a couple others. I bet the told the poison bullet story 10 times...........we listened intently every time.............he deserved our respect.........a true good old boy. He will be missed, poison and all....................He can rest in peace knowing he was 50% responsible for the invention of the greatest 100/200 yd cartrage of our time. RIP Ferris.

Later
Dave

Last edited:
I met Ferris in about 1977 or there about at Beesons Range in Indiana and we have known each other since. In fact it was Ferris that talked me into going with a PPC. I will miss him as will anyone who knew him. I remember Gary Hayes getting into a pool game with Ferris one time, now Gary played in tournaments and was sharp. After the games and Gary came back to the trailer I asked him how bad did he beat Ferris? Gary just shook his head and walked away. Ferris! You will be missed.

Back