Lapua Ammo

C

Cooper4141

Can someone please tell me where is the best place to get some Lapua other than champs choice or champions shooters supply?
Thanks,

Try here

Clint Swigert / SHOOTING FOR PERFECTION
545 Old Monterey Rd.
Owenton , KY . 40359
502-750-3276

PS: Not knowing where you are located, you can also test at the Lapua Test Range in Mesa, AZ and buy what tests best in your rifle. Don't expect to buy a brick, or less than a case, unless that's all they have of that good lot.

Last edited:
Lapua Test Range

They have plenty. Just send your rifle out there and they will test it for you and sell you a case of what you think shoots best in your rifle. Better yet, go out there and see it first hand.

Cooper4141 - Why not Champs Choice or C.S.S. ? I've had good service from them over the years.
I have called one of them before and they wouldn't look to see what lot numbers they had. Some woman that answered the phone said they didn't sell by certain lots. you just get whatever they have

Lapua

Another source is " ammunition store.com" Although they too sell you what ever they have on hand. ie...no test lot's. Ed.

# case in lots

My experience has been, there are only 2 to 4 cases of any lot. Only once, did I get a box that was markes 2/6. The 6 represented how many cases in that lot. The new numbering system is different. Example 27545515012, the last number, (2) is the number of cases in that lot. What the other numbers mean, is still a mystery to me.

I have some experience ordering ammo from various suppliers. Have no knowledge re. lot #s on Lapua and their meaning - just went with what I got and did pretty well by the way. Just getting into Eley - buying different velocities and different machines. Thinking the greatest difference will be speed. We'll see. Now, as to testing ........ what's it going to take for fair test of a particular lot of a manufacturer? Get a bunch of different lots - different ammos. Gotta pick consistent conditions for all (wind, temp, etc.) - that's a given. How about 5 2-shot groups & 3 5 shot groups @ whatever distance (I think 50 yd is minimum, maybe 100 yds tells more) for each lot? That's 25 rounds - 1/2 box. Maybe start at 50 yds. - run 'em all, then do it again at 100 yds.? Measure results. Does this tell anything? Can't test them all. I'm no Trump. Any thoughts?

50 vs 100

I've seen some ammo shot better at 100, than at 50, that's why testing that the distance you plan to participate tells more about the ammo.

Good Shooting inc has Lapua Midas in stock. They say Center X in a week or so.

Back