Lapua 308W reg vs. Palma brass???

tiny68

The Lapua 308W brass has been on the market for over a year now. I am in need of replacing some 308W with new brass. Anybody made the switch and see an advantage?

Thanks for input,

Tim

I have had better spreads & SDs with the Palma brass compared to the standard shooting 155s with a local powder not that much faster than 8208 (AR 2206). Most who use Varget or similar tend to prefer the large primers, unless their goal is to squeeze the last fps out of the case, in which instance, the small primer case is likely to take more pressure. likewise, when it gets to the heaviest possible projectile weights, the little primer has that pressure edge.

My standard load has been with Lapua brass, RE-15, Fed 210M primers, and 175 SMK. I run warn, but not as hot as many. I will probably start doing playing with the Berger hybrids when it warms up. Thanks for your input John. I will probably just stick with my standard brass, which Cabelas has on sale for $70 with free shipping and a $20 off coupon.

Hi Tiny couple fellows I shoot with at Connaught Ranges in Canada have gone to the Palma (Small rifle primer) cases in .308win . One fellow shooting F/TR using 155.5gr Bergers has been able to shoot 5 shot groups at 300m just under the inch in good conditions could never do it with the regular Lapua brass and his ES is lower.he really likes the new brass.
fellows are shooting the 185gr to 210gr and trying to drive them hard and it seems the pockets are lasting better than the old style.
I think Remington made the .308win with small rifle primer pockets and shooters took to them in Hunterclass benchrest this was a few years ago

Back