Krieger Gain Twist barrels

LBRUNO

For all those interested, the Krieger Gain Twist barrels will be $ 279.95 for 1.250 x 1.250 or thinner and 27" inches in length.
Any barrel longer than 29" in length will be an additional charge.
Call Lester for additional information.

I thought better about my question so I'm going to post it anyway. Kregier's site does not list gain twist barrels as an option. How would I go about ordering one?

JeffVN

I thought better about my question so I'm going to post it anyway. Kregier's site does not list gain twist barrels as an option. How would I go about ordering one?

JeffVN

By reading post number #1.

what they are trying to say, lester said in the original post...

they are only available from bruno's....

mike in co

I just got off the phone with Kreiger. Currently the gain twist barrels are available only from Lester - not a bad thing at all - but only in 6mm. :(

JeffVN

For all those interested, the Krieger Gain Twist barrels will be $ 279.95 for 1.250 x 1.250 or thinner and 27" inches in length.
Any barrel longer than 29" in length will be an additional charge.
Call Lester for additional information.

From what I can glean from the Krieger web site, the above means that the barrels are only available in the #0 featherweight sporter barrel contour. Or have I misinterpreted something? :confused:

OK, so how do I interpret "1.250 x 1.250" per the following chart?

I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer but since they are strictly for 100-200yd benchrest my first thought was that it meant 1.250 at the breach and 1.250 at the bore. Is that not the case?

You can get either 1.25 or 1.200 at the breech. Smaller is more expensive. Lester meant nothing about the taper only the breech size. It is a weight deal.
Butch

Lester meant 1.25 breach with no taper to muzzle (1.25 at muzzle) or smaller....meaning HV, LV, etc.

Hovis

I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer but since they are strictly for 100-200yd benchrest my first thought was that it meant 1.250 at the breach and 1.250 at the bore. Is that not the case?

Ok, then this dull knife would interpret that to cover all the barrel contours in the chart except three and you could order the taper you want so long as the caliber is 6mm. I guess we don't know yet if Lester is going to keep any in stock, so special order is probably the order of the day.

I'd say Lester will keep the 1.25 straight, HV and LV barrels in stock. Keeping them in stock for a while might be hard but he always has a standing order with Krieger.

Hovis

I guess we don't know yet if Lester is going to keep any in stock, so special order is probably the order of the day.

My guess is that Lester may have to order a minimum number of barrels for his stock this/next year. Once it gets going, who knows?

-MP

Just be careful about jumping on a bandwagon. Theses gain twist have shown to shoot just as good but no better. Also, do to the increase of the technical side of making these (different and more difficult tooling), I would about bet, at least for the short term, that the percentage of duds will be higher.

Hovis

My guess is that Lester may have to order a minimum number of barrels for his stock this/next year. Once it gets going, who knows?

-MP
When I talked to Lester last week he had about 80 or so on the list for gain twist and had a big order in to Krieger.

Back