JOL HAKKO Scopes????

tiny68

I read a thread on another forum about a new Japan Optics Limited HAKKO scopes. There were comparisons between the NF and the HAKKO optics. There website is below. Seems to be a single importer. Anyone give a review about this scope and its performance or this just another attempt at the mad "Tactical" money everyone is spending....

http://www.ark-groupllc.com/

If the Mil-Dot is truely a 1/16" as suggested I might be interested. I sure want to learn something about a scope before I drop a grand.

Thanks, Tim

You know, I've been going nuts for the last few weeks trying to find a mil-dot scope as good as my Bushnell 4200 that goes up to 32X magnification for target shooting purposes (instead of 24X.) Then I saw this same thread that you did, declaring how great the optics were, and how fine the mil-spec reticle is..... and so I got all excited.......................................UNTIL I READ THE DETAILS ABOUT THE DEALER........ AND I CLICKED ON THEIR WEBSIGHT.

What...are these people for real !?!..... They expect folks to send $1,000 to some Joe Shmoe without a telephone and running the operation out of public storrage garage? I'd feel a lot safer doing business with a nobody in Ebay who at least has positive feedback and a reputation to maintain. I'd also NOT want to find out just how the warranty/service department is run.

I supppose somebody on these boards is likely going to know this dealer and is liabe to jump on my ass for saying what I just said......but how I feel about it is a good indicator of just how others are going to perceive it too.

Last edited:
As I remember, Hakko has been around a while. Use to have adds in Precision Shooting back in the mid to late 1990s.

One thing to consider: There are probably numerous scope manufacturers who buy their optics -- lenses -- from the same company. Whether or not the company that grinds the lenses uses the same specifications is unknown.

And there is a lot more to a good scope, or camera "lens," than the lens itself.

Finally, you aren't suppose to tell an outright lie in advertising. I think you aren't even suppose to mislead, but just what constitutes what, I dunno.

Now nothing I know goes against, or for, Hakko. Just things to consider, and why word of mouth, esp. some mouths, is still valuable.

The name Hakko in itself conjurs up good vibes to me, as I use to have an old Beeman 2x-7x air rifle scope with AO made by Hakko that was a sharp, bright and a solidly made optic. The clarity and smooth knobs on it were better then a Leupold Vari II 3x-9x that I also owned at the time. ( I guess that's not saying much) I bought it on sale about 25 years ago but had still paid close to $200 for it .That was some pretty good cash back in the day for a 2-7x when cheaper scopes of all names were plenty available everywhere. Beeman professed that it was serious enough quality that it could not only withstand the vibration of their heavy spring air- rifles, but that it could also be used on centerfire rifles. With its dark matt black finish and compact build, I used that scope with a quick detachable mount on my AR rifle. That was up until about 3 years ago when I finally got tired of all the ribbing, and had no trouble selling it on Ebay for about $175.

But, who knows....things change in 25 years......and whether or not these scopes are of fine quality won't matter until I feel like I'm dealing with an established distributor/warranty.

I am not sure about this so dont shoot me, however I did some research about 6 years ago and found that Hakko was the original maker of I belive the Nightforce.
I do know that if it was not the nightforce it was one of the premier scopes that it made for a while.

Back