Jewell triggers?

R

rolf

I`ve a Remington Seven that has been rebuild. Robertson stock, Shilen barrel and so on ..
But I need a better trigger and it seems like Jewell is the way to go.
They have one BR trigger for around 170 $ and another one made for Remington that costs a bit over 200$.
Now I don`t want to sound cheap but if I can save a buck I wouldn`t mind.

Does the BR trigger fit the Seven model? Are they delivered with three different springs so you can adjust the weight yourself?

Regards
Rolf

Yes.....but....

I`ve a Remington Seven that has been rebuild. Robertson stock, Shilen barrel and so on ..
But I need a better trigger and it seems like Jewell is the way to go.
They have one BR trigger for around 170 $ and another one made for Remington that costs a bit over 200$.
Now I don`t want to sound cheap but if I can save a buck I wouldn`t mind.

Does the BR trigger fit the Seven model? Are they delivered with three different springs so you can adjust the weight yourself?

Regards
Rolf

The BR trigger is cheaper, but it has no provision for a safety. Spend the extra bucks and get the trigger with a top safety and bolt stop. Get the three different springs as well. Then you'll have a trigger for all shooting activities.
For more info call Brian Jewell at 512 353 2999. I've had them hunting rifles for years and they never change characteristics (creep,pull weight, etc.).

But I got the Rem safety still mounted, do you still recommend the model with safety and bolt stop?
How much more difficult are they to mount? Can I do it myself or is a smith required?

And....

Per Larry D Scott

"Jewell does make a specific trigger for the XR100/XP100 and the model 7. The body of the trigger appears to be the same as used for the 700 or 40X, but the bolt release is an obvious departure from the standard HVR. I have these in stock. "

From the following post over on the 6mmbr forum

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/6mmbr/vpost?id=2511529&highlight=jewell+trigger

The safety that comes as part of the Jewell trigger is multitudes above the Remington trigger. Both for "safety" and ease of operation.

But I got the Rem safety still mounted, do you still recommend the model with safety and bolt stop?
How much more difficult are they to mount? Can I do it myself or is a smith required?
Well first off with the Jewel BR trigger you will not be able to mount the Rem Safety it just will not fit on it.

Rolf,

you have a $1500.00 + (US dollars) built rifle. Don't worry about saving $30+ on a trigger. Buy the M7 Jewell trigger with the safety feature and bolt release. As mentioned above, order with all 3 springs so your trigger can be adjusted from 1.5 ozs. to 3 lbs. This will significantly help for future re-sale.

blake

Blake,
how right you are!
I`ve contacted Larry about the Jewell trigger and he still has them.

//Rolf

Back