Isabella County Sportsman's Club 300 Yard Group Match This Coming Saturday 6-28-14

D

dardascastbulle

The Isabella County Sportsman's Club (Mt. Pleasant, MI) will be hosting a 300 yard group match this coming Saturday, 6-28-2014. Steve Robbins is the match director. His telephone number is 989-644-8801. Gates open around 8 and the first shot will be fired at 10 am.

Matt (The messenger boy).

Matt & I went...

over to the Isabella range yesterday. Steve was there and let us shoot.

I wanted to sight my gun in and see if I could see .22 bullet holes at 300 yds with my 36X Sightron. As a long, long time match director I got to really hate people who didn't bother to sight their guns in before they came to a match. Anyway the answer to the bullet hole question was just barely but I could see them well enough to shoot. After taking two years off from shooting I am looking forward to just being with other shooters at a match again. Besides... 300 yds. is fun. When done we stopped at the Judge's Bench, the only bar in beautiful downtown Winn, MI for a great burger.

The range is freshly mowed with lots of grass to minimize mirage. There are new cement benches that work well; they're similar to those we have in Harrison.

Anyone who doesn't shoot Saturday is going to miss a rare opportunity. How often do you get to shoot 300 yds. on a good range? It's one agg for a measly fifteen bucks with a mandatory meeting at the Judge's Bench thereafter.

Dick Wright

Back