Isabella County Sportsman's Club 300 Yard Group Match Results 6-29-2014

D

dardascastbulle

The Isabella County Sportsman's Club was host for a 300 yard group match held on 6-28-2014. There were a total of 6 shooters (with Dudley shooting two guns) to make a grand total of 7 competitors. A tail wind varying from 5 mph to 10 mph and also varying in angular direction, along with a boiling mirage was the order of the day. Jim and Dudley shot their 30's to get tuned up for the score nationals. Dick shot his trusty ole 222sky and came in first place in the .22 category. The remainder of the herd shot 6PPC's and were chasing Ron right out of the chute. Ron even put on a shooting demonstration - he shot a fly on his first shot of the last match just to put the hurt on the rest of us. That was one fine shot Ron! Oh! And Ron won the match with a 0.2708" aggregate kaboot! New shooter Jim H. won Match #5 with a 0.660" group.

Steve Robbins hosted the event along with his very helpful pit crew and support staff. We thank you so very much for the opportunity to shoot at the fantastic Isabella range!

Isabella County Sportsman's Club will host a 200 yard score match on July 19.

100_1858.jpg The Fly Shooter and Winner - Ron Breedlove!
100_1849.jpg Steve to Ron.....'You Shot a Fly'!
100_1851.jpg Jimmy & Dicky
100_1854.jpg An Army Dad's Setup
100_1855.jpg Them Silver Bullets In A Very Pretty Cartridge Box!

Attachments

• Isabella 6-28-14.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
More Photos Of the Isabella County Sportsman's Club 300 Yard Group Match 6-28-2014

100_1852.jpg
100_1853.jpg
100_1856.jpg Steve Robbins - The Host!
100_1857.jpg The .30 Caliber Brothers at the Wailing Wall

Congrats Ron!

Amazing what you can do... When ya shoot with your eyes open. :grin:

Speaking of eyes, did Dick have ta use a seeing eye dog for his bullets to make it to 300?

Fwiw...

our son is both a custom furniture and quitar maker... very good with wood. The elegant cartridge box goes with my philosophy that if you're going to lose, you might as well look good losing.

Al, I think my .22 bullets get to the target before the 6's. Last time I chronographed a load it was right at 3500 fps.

Steve owes Matt big time as do the guys in Harrison. Without his program and expertise the scoring would be much more labor intensive and there would be no pictures.

A lot of people missed a good match and a beautiful day. The food and the company at the bar after the match was great. I think a lot of folks are intimidated by the 300 yds. Hey, it's fun even when you lose. I had one 'ell of a job seeing my .22 bullet holes.

Next mid-Michigan match is a 100 yd. score match in Harrison on 5 July.

Dick Wright

our son is both a custom furniture and quitar maker... very good with wood. The elegant cartridge box goes with my philosophy that if you're going to lose, you might as well look good losing.

Al, I think my .22 bullets get to the target before the 6's. Last time I chronographed a load it was right at 3500 fps.

Steve owes Matt big time as do the guys in Harrison. Without his program and expertise the scoring would be much more labor intensive and there would be no pictures.

A lot of people missed a good match and a beautiful day. The food and the company at the bar after the match was great. I think a lot of folks are intimidated by the 300 yds. Hey, it's fun even when you lose. I had one 'ell of a job seeing my .22 bullet holes.

Next mid-Michigan match is a 100 yd. score match in Harrison on 5 July.

Dick Wright

Actually, the excel program belongs to Al. He created it and it is so easy to use! I have attempted to use the IBS score program and the Bughole program (extremely difficult if not almost impossible to use). And Al's program is hundreds of light years better than the two other programs combined. I was using Al's program in less than 5 minutes (his program performs both score and group, in any combination, 100 yd., 200 yd., and 300 yd. And by saying in any combination, I mean that you can shoot a 100-300 yd score or group match in combination with a 100-300 yd score or group match and the program will do it! It prints out the results along with the individual match winners.

Many, many thank you's go to Al Walewski (AJ300MAG) for letting us use his program! Thank you Al to the 13th power!!!

Just the messenger boy......Matt

How many you think?

Dan,

I was the only shooter with a .22. That's the only reason I took first place, .22.
:(

Dick

I kinda figured that Dick, just wanted to stir the fire a little. Good to hear that you are shooting again.

Dan,

I shot Steve's match and one in Harrison a couple of weeks ago. Due to health problems it's the first time I have shot in a couple of years.

I can't believe how much I forgot in that time. But it feels really good just to be able to shoot with the guys again.

Thanks,

Dick

There is nothing like being squadded next to a Porsche that spits bullets! :)

Matt

Back