IBS in Dublin GA,,,MGGOA

D

david dumas

Spoke to Jim"King Snake" Wooten(ei: formerly "Big Snake") today,,,,,,,,,, he's working on bring IBS shoots back to MGGOA in Dublin Ga, Doc Woten, "Middle Snake" Rippey and Frank Parker have a work day scheduled for Monday to install the Rippey designed backers,,,, then We'll be IBS ready.Jim's working on the paper work for IBS shoots to run concurrent with the regular 2nd Saturday of the month club match's.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, NOW HERE'S THE DEAL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, he needs people to step up and volunteer to be the match director/scorer/target crew, I told him I'd take the first match,,,,,,,,,,,,, Looks like the Elberton Gun Club (a damn nice club with a great range and great members) has opted out on IBS shoots for 2010,,,,,, if this fly's it looks like the Georgia State Championship will come back to MGGOA Twin Oaks Range (home of the Shamrock Shoot and the birth place of the 30BR) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so if you want to shoot and not have to drive to the end of the world you need to think about stepping up to work one Saturday so we can all shoot a few more match's,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

David, I'm glad to hear this. I've just recently been inquiring about Twin Oaks and talked to a gentleman by the name of Bruce Hinson who has been most helpful. I've been looking for a place to shoot competitively and would like to shoot the Shamrock next year. I hope this works out because I'm making plans on attending at least some of these second Saturday shoots that were already taking place there.

Twin Oaks "Birthplace of the 30BR"?

Maybe not, but it was "sho good" enough for Smoking Joe and Humble Henry.

Maybe we could just claim it as the primary development lab for the 30BR, and don't leave out Ronnie Long. I am very happy to see this becoming a reality again. MGGOA is such a nice range and always a challenging place to shoot.

Maybe we could just claim it as the primary development lab for the 30BR, and don't leave out Ronnie Long. I am very happy to see this becoming a reality again. MGGOA is such a nice range and always a challenging place to shoot.

Yes, Ronnie should get the well deserved credit for conceiving and delivering the infant - 'SOMKIN Joe' and 'HUMBLE Henry' worked the NIC unit until the 30BR could breath on it's own! The SC/GA vicinity certainly proved a most excellent and nurturing environment for the red-headed stepchild! :eek::D RG

Randy, don't be quite so modest here!! Take a least a little credit for makin 'dem good '30 bullits!!

Jim,
Who's called to volunteer?????????

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

Shoots at Dublin

David,
When do you guys expect to hold the first IBS match,we in Columbia are looking forward to shooting at Dublin again.
Nick

WELL,,,,,,,,,,,,
I guess we'll get one shoot, I'll run the line and Gloria "Mrs Little Snake" will score,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ok guys somebody needs to step up for the next one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the wind is my friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

Hey David.......

I will be there to help with what ever..But the wind there is no ones friend.

RC,
call Doc Wooten and tell him what you want to do,,,,,, and which weekend,,,,,,,,,,,, THANKS!!!!!

the wind IS MY friend in Dublin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DD

count me in

David, As always you can count me in as a Target Crew Person..And I will be glad to help in any way possible. I do not have Doc' s # call me at home tonight
after 10pm, Do you need any H322 for you 6mm or Gertner 66gr Bullets? I can bring them in the morning to the shoot Let me know...:)

Back