IBS factory class rule question

bryanbrnsn

I am new to IBS rimfire. I was wondering what the difference is between these two rules in the factory class?
(vi) Non-permanent comb changes such as stock sock or padding may be used.
(xii) No other modifications to the rifle are allowed including but not limited to re-chambering barrel, adding weight to stock or bipod, adding attachments to the barrel such as a tuner, adding attachments to the stock such as a plate to the forearm or cheek riser to the stock, and painting the stock.

In terms referring to the comb pad in the first and the cheek riser in the second?
Thanks

Going to just take a guess here, but not totally uneducated. A cheek riser definition to me means a permanent modification to the stock and is usually adjustable. A pad or stock sock is a different deal.

As far as not painting goes, this is a rule in IR50/50 Sporter to ensure the stock is only constructed of wood. In a factory class I would guess it's to ensure the factory stock has not been modified and covered with paint.

Scott

Going to just take a guess here, but not totally uneducated. A cheek riser definition to me means a permanent modification to the stock and is usually adjustable. A pad or stock sock is a different deal.

As far as not painting goes, this is a rule in IR50/50 Sporter to ensure the stock is only constructed of wood. In a factory class I would guess it's to ensure the factory stock has not been modified and covered with paint.

Scott
Thank you for your reply

I wonder why painting the stock is not allowed in factory class.

2024 will be the first year of IBS rimfire. It will be interesting to see how it progresses. From reading the information I’ve seen I would expect there will be many rule adjustments as it matures.
TKH

Scott
Scott, actually there is no rule about paint on a sporter stock. It just says that wood grain must be visible for the entire length & or that proof is the shooters responsibility. I think paint can't "cover" completely is all.
From the rulebook:
Stock must be made of wood and must be designed to be shoulder fired. Laminate wood is allowed and only theaction area may contain bedding material. The action may be glued or screwed into the stock. Proof that the stock is made of wood is the competitors responsibility and must be demonstrated to the satisfaction of the referees when requested. Visible wood grain over the entire surface of the stock shall constitute proof.

I had an Anschutz sporter that was painted & could see the grain thru the paint.
Also have a Hall that I was either lightly painted or more likely, dyed. Grain clearly visible.
Hope to see you in a few weeks.
To the OP, agree with Scott in that nothing is to be mechanically fastened to the stock.
2024 will be the first year of IBS rimfire. It will be interesting to see how it progresses. From reading the information I’ve seen I would expect there will be many rule adjustments as it matures.
TKH
There really doesn't seem to be much interest Tony in it as far as I can see. At least shooting it sanctioned. Seems to be plenty of people showing targets shot though, either the old green or newer red target.
As far as their Factory class & Custom class goes there is essentially a class for everyone. There is even a Vintage sub-class within the custom class .
The custom class is essentially any Factory gun with any modification such as the OP mentions in regards to altering for a cheekpiece.

Back